I bet against Michael Chandler for the following reasons:

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1. He is almost 35 in 3 months,
2. He was finished by Patricio Freire and Brent Primus pretty recently; the former in one year round
3. He is making his ufc debut, ufc jitters.
4. I can’t name one Bellator guy who did well in the UFC.
5. He beat Ben Henderson who is all done now in my opinion.

When I write it out that way it makes me feel like I should have bet more

For some reason, i feel that Hooker will even make it look easy.

I am sure you cant name one bellator guy who did good in UFC because you're casual. You just peaked at Chandlers record and you decided to open this thread. Watch some of his fight and you will see definitely he is UFC caliber fighter
tenor.gif

2. He was finished by Patricio Freire and Brent Primus pretty recently; the former in one year round

Eddie alvarez

Primus didn't finish him, it was a doctor stoppage because Chandler couldn't walk on his leg, don't act like he got TKOd
Yeah, the ref was a fuck nugget. If that happened on the ufc stage, that guy would have been blasted by Dana white. I wonder if that same ref is still reffing.

I literally had 1. 2. 3. In a thread as soon as this fight was announced, Hooker’s time is now, Chandler is done son.

I don't like Chandler but the reason I'm picking him is

1. Best wrestler hooker has ever fought credentials wise.
  2. Three rounds. Five rounds would favor hooker because Chandler would gas and hooker could knock Chandler out but with just three rounds, Chandler just has to wrestle for 2.5 rounds and just try not to get knocked out and he can win a boring decision.
  3. Grappler vs striker I tend to go grappler.

Chandler got repeatedly hurt and outstruck by the ghost of Benson Henderson of all people in his last fight.

If Hooker doesn't KO him I'll be shocked.

REALLY?
You can't name one bellator guy that did well in UFC?
You cant think of one fucking bellator guy that won the LW belt in UFC?
a guy fought chandler twice in bellator? and they went 1-1 ...
hint: he's bald.
I'm baffled at all the new fans pretending they follow the sport by reading millions of wiki pages and binge watching interviews and gifs just to make shitty threads to impress the sherdog community.

Its hard to call what happend. Hooker is bad matchup but Chandler was a Champion for a reason.

Hookers knee is the only thing making me nervous here. That knee is a proven weapon vs shorter guys.

Chandler will have to time his takedowns perfectly.

I could all too easily see Michael getting his face knee'd clean off when he dips his head...

I bet against Chandler because Dan Hooker is a far better fighter and he's gonna beat him up and probably stop Chandler.

There.

Primus didn't finish him, it was a doctor stoppage because Chandler couldn't walk on his leg, don't act like he got TKOd
Too late. He already bet based on his "knowledge" of Chandler. (Knowledge = perusing Chandler's Sherdog fight finder for 12 seconds, once)

Back