I believe there is no such thing as "ducking"

I'd agree in that sense of the way that haters use that word in here. Jones ducking HW, or GSP ducking Anderson.

But it does exist. Woodley, Bisping, Nunes are all doing it. And Miesha did it too.

We often read that Woodley is ducking Wonderboy, that GSP ducked Anderson his entire career, that Anderson ducked Jones etc.. This is supposed to mean that they are "afraid" of these opponents and want to avoid them.

First of, in the case of GSP and Anderson, that is not called ducking. They were champs of their respective weightclass. They didn't duck shit, they were CHAMPS. So if they don't want to foolishly risk their health or credibility moving up a weightclass it's their choice.

Then in the case of Woodley, how is beating one of the baddest man in the planet in the name of Robbie makes him a coward ? Maybe he's a calculated guy, and maybe some of us were pissed off when he waited to get his title shot but guess what, MMA is a risky sport, and you want to get to the top and makes money while you're still fresh.

Now people say he's supposedly afraid of Wonderboy ? Of course he does not want to risk his belt yet, (cause every fight you risk it), he wants to get big paydays like the diaz bros. He's no fool. He knows a fight against GSP would "break the UFC bank" as he said, and represents more benefits than facing Wonderboy already. He will fight Thompson one day if he stays champ, and he knows that.

That's why i believe that there is no such thing as ducking when you're the champ

being afraid and thinking you might lose is two diff things.

i think tiger woods would destroy me in golf, but I'm not afraid to play him.

.....therefore ducking

Back