I believe I heard Woodley say he makes more money outside the cage than inside

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Meaning, he makes more money on his other ventures than fighting in the UFC

Where does all his other money come from?

Social Media - He does have a pretty big following and posts regularly

Podcast - (Morning Wood with Deez Nutz) - Podcasts do make money, but only if you have regular listeners. I doubt he makes nearly as much as Schaub, Rogan, Matt Serra, etc

UFC Analyst - I'm sure they pay decent to the top ones like DC & Felder, but Woodley didnt seem that great. Also, did he carry over to ESPN, or was he only on Fox

Music - I Guess hes makes a little money off album sells, youtube and spotify ( he only has 3,000 total listeners)?

Acting - He's been in some movies, but they were limited roles in low profile movies

Sponsorship - Being the former champ, he does get a lot of sponsorships - some must be lucractive

So to summarize - he probably makes about $1 million per year fighting on average

Meaning, he would have to make more than $1 million per year from all his other income that isnt from UFC fights

i like how your $1 million dollar estimate had no prior numbers to actually base that on

but yeah i don't believe him about making more money outside the octagon. Even if it were true, all of that money is from fame he's acquired inside the octagon.

Music - I Guess hes makes a little money off album sells, youtube and spotify ( he only has 3,000 total listeners)?
I work “in the music business” as they say and I can assure you, with those kind of numbers he ain’t making jack shit.

That Rap music money is real!

(not)

It's cause he doesn't play play
he grabs a pack of raws
and he's burning the k k
finnafuckabroad

DnGGApVXcAALoOb

there’s money in eating ass?

i like how your $1 million dollar estimate had no prior numbers to actually base that on

but yeah i don't believe him about making more money outside the octagon. Even if it were true, all of that money is from fame he's acquired inside the octagon.
Fighters often say they make more money outside the cage than inside. I have no reason to believe he's lying.

Listening to that new Woodley album...
1e8.jpg

Maybe in real estate but I doubt his crap rap music brought him even a penny

Yeah, but he makes more money outside the cage because of what he does inside the cage.

He'd be a nobody with MMA and the UFC.

He actually said he has made more money outside the cage than Leon Edwards has made in the UFC.

My completely ignored and unknown black metal bands made two dollars after being streamed about 400 times. 3000 total listeners is absolute garbage for mainstream hip-hop, even worst when you consider all the exposure that Woodley had as a UFC champion. He probably didn't even cover the cost of production and filming.

A lot of fighters make more out of the cage. How is this strange to you? At a certain level they are celebrities and can use their name to their advantage.

The funniest threads are the ones that debate conors gross from this last fight.

"Durrrr 3 million disclosed payout by UFC, durrrrrr cant possibly be getting huge reebok commercial money, durrrrr"

Even schaub was making more in endorsements than his fight purse before the reebok deal.

A lot of fighters make more out of the cage. How is this strange to you? At a certain level they are celebrities and can use their name to their advantage.

The funniest threads are the ones that debate conors gross from this last fight.

"Durrrr 3 million disclosed payout by UFC, durrrrrr cant possibly be getting huge reebok commercial money, durrrrr"

Even schaub was making more in endorsements than his fight purse before the reebok deal.

woodley has pretty small social media numbers for a supposed celebrity.

Good for him, since he's probably spending quite a bit on his terrible music.

Back