I attended Anderson Silva vs Chavez Jr.

giphy.gif

Thanks for sharing op. Don't really agree with you tho. With All things being considered, this is a minor boxing event.

Anderson Silva is a 46 year old guy, Chavez Jr. Is a life long boxer. It is a decent accomplishment in my opinion.

Anyway I only wanted to take maybe the last chance I had to see Anderson Silva competing live.

He missed weight by 20 fucking pounds you fucking idiot, Jr is a joke and an embarrassment to his father

I have attended 2 UFC events and a few other minor org MMA events, MMA is waaaaaaaaaaay more entertaining.

Also, no boxing fighter can go 8 rounds and win a decision in MMA

You compare a low level freakshow fight card under boxing rules with a legit top level MMA event?
Find the mistake. Chavez even in his prime was a mediocre boring slugger and is far far removed from that form. Silva is zombified and not in his martial arts discipline. Compare a UFC event to f.e. the Inoue fight or other legit fight cards in the last months but not this nonsense.

Btw anyone should enjoy what he wants, I just dont like these generalized statements when someone has no clue about something.

Hilarious how butthurt the boxing forum guys get about this thread

Anderson Silva top 5 GOAT this MASSIVE win over a LEGIT boxer only raises his stock!

War Silva!!!

hehehehe

this would be like commenting on the state of MMA as a sport based on how Ben Askren did against a YouTube boxer.

So there I was there with my dad walking towards the stadium box office when someone random guy walking with his family gave me one ticket he didn't need.

So I got the other ticket for 100 pesos (5 dollars).

This is a pic from the stadium. 60,000 capacity, 7,000 persons in attendance perhaps at the fullest moment of the event.

View attachment 862302

When the main event started everyone on the upper part on the stadium was allowed to go down on the lower part when the crew accepted it was not getting any fuller.

So there we was, getting near ground level seats only paying 5 dollars for the 2 of us. This is a pic of Anderson vs Chavez jr. Only fight I actually enjoyed.

View attachment 862303

Anyway, conclusion for me was boxing is dead.

Now please be very serious.

Do you or do you not like my mustache.

View attachment 862305
Mustache is redeemed by beer.

So there I was there with my dad walking towards the stadium box office when someone random guy walking with his family gave me one ticket he didn't need.

So I got the other ticket for 100 pesos (5 dollars).

This is a pic from the stadium. 60,000 capacity, 7,000 persons in attendance perhaps at the fullest moment of the event.

View attachment 862302

When the main event started everyone on the upper part on the stadium was allowed to go down on the lower part when the crew accepted it was not getting any fuller.

So there we was, getting near ground level seats only paying 5 dollars for the 2 of us. This is a pic of Anderson vs Chavez jr. Only fight I actually enjoyed.

View attachment 862303

Anyway, conclusion for me was boxing is dead.

Now please be very serious.

Do you or do you not like my mustache.

View attachment 862305

Thats not you. You arent manly enough to be a sherdogger

Nice thread lol, on topic tho, yeah it was going to be empty AF, it was an exhibition for Julio Cesar Chavez Sr, while still a legend its not like Floyd exhibitions, the level of attention he gets is way lower, his exhibition fights are usually charity small events, the venue was HUGE, way too big for them, i might say no combat sport event would fill that on this day, Canelo is a huge star but also has many haters and would need a crazy build up for Mexican fans to attend a 50k soccer stadium (not including the field), on his day Chavez sr did filled a 100k stadium, not including the field which he filled it too...but that was a different time.

Props to TS for actually attending, i watched Live on TV, just like Floyd exhibitions it was an event rather than an actual fight/competition, it was a nice surprise to see Silva perform and beat bum Chavez Jr lol, someone should book Silva vs Jones Jr.

He missed weight by 20 fucking pounds you fucking idiot, Jr is a joke and an embarrassment to his father
2 pounds, rest is on point.

Back