I am shocked how slow Barao looked all night

I'll add that in addition to hand speed TJs footwork was amazing tonight.

He couldn't recover from the punch on the first round, that's why he looked so slow IMO.

TJ made him look slow and Barao got concussed at least twice in that fight I'm sure.

It's an illusion. Objects look slower when something else is moving around much faster. Barao is talented enough to still do damage on TJ after a one-sided beating. I was wondering how Barao would match up against Mighty Mouse or Cruz or Aldo. It's been proven tonight movement and athleticism is his weakness, something Mighty Mouse and Cruz have too much of for him. Respect to Barao, but all the credit in the world to TJ and Bang.

It's an illusion. Objects look slower when something else is moving around much faster. Barao is talented enough to still do damage on TJ after a one-sided beating. I was wondering how Barao would match up against Mighty Mouse or Cruz or Aldo. It's been proven tonight movement and athleticism is his weakness, something Mighty Mouse and Cruz have too much of for him. Respect to Barao, but all the credit in the world to TJ and Bang.

Barao would dwarf Mighty Mouse and throw him around (if he could catch him, which he would once in a while in a 5 round fight). Plus he's got a lot of power.

TJ is the faster fighter. Plus getting punched in the face a lot didn't help Barao's speed.

Aldo is no faster than Barao. If Aldo fast someone that fast in his weight class he's be in for a lot of trouble.

Told everyone that a guy like Cruz would be the answer to Barao due to movement and Dillashaw proved that by fighting very similar. You can't just fight flat and walking forward like a tank against guys like that, even if you can throw a variety of strikes. The leg kicks weren't there due to movement and keeping Barao guessing and of the defensive. The sheer variety of attacks was even something we haven't seen from Cruz in a while (barring his 2.5 years off). That was like if Cruz and Machida had their styles spliced. Now imagine the whirlwind if Dillashaw faced Edgar, Mighty Mouse, Cruz, Benavidez, or a rematch with Dodson. Assuncao is next for sure and that'll be interesting, can't see anyone else currently fighting at bw beating this version of him, it'd take Cruz, or perhaps one of those other buzzsaws I mentioned to make things interesting. That was a prime Anderson Silva/Machida sort of clinic from Dillashaw.

Aldo is no faster than Barao. If Aldo fast someone that fast in his weight class he's be in for a lot of trouble.

Aldo did have trouble with Edgar (a fight I thought Aldo lost), but Aldo also has really good head movement, which is something Barao doesn't have, so they aren't as interchangeable.

Barao vs Dillashaw looked like Sylvia vs Fedor

2 possibilities

1. had a difficult cut
2. never recovered from the 1st round kd.

dana-white1.png

50142d60-e3cc-11e3-8e4f-77c204b55fa1_493684883.jpg

10313393_10152153148011939_63113075958594993_n.jpg

It could have been the weight cut. Barao looked like a vampire on the scale

Back