I am shocked how slow Barao looked all night

Barao fought like he'd smoked a weasel and drank ferrets piss.

Gus made Jones look slow, but it doesn't mean that Jones is slow. Everything is relative. Barao has never been amazingly fast.

314178_10200320800720524_1999142845_n.jpg

Barao has never been a fast striker. I expect him to be much faster for his weigh class. Before Barao fought Michael McDonald, I had predicted McDonald to win because he was faster, good timing, and knockout power. Again for a fighter who fought in bantamweight, Barao is not fast at all.

Barao will be back. TJ fought an awesome fight. I hope Barao cleared more that 22K for this fight.

I think TJ is just faster but I do think that first punched dialed Baroa down a notch for the rest of the fight, Not to mention the cumulative damage TJ was laying down as the fight went on.

TJ is just faster plain and simple. And that knockdown + beatdown in the first round did him in.

Barao has always been on the slower side. He looked the same as always to me til TJ knocked him down. Barao looked slower than usual because TJ picked him apart and dealt out major damage.

TJ is just faster plain and simple. And that knockdown + beatdown in the first round did him in.

Being faster is one thing, but TJ was in whole different realm in this fight. In a championship fight I didn't think it would be that big of a difference

I think that before the knock-down, Barao was still getting adjusted to Dillashaw's movement. After the knock-down, he was clearly affected for the rest of the fight.

I'd wouldn't mind seeing a rematch. Alternatively, Faber will be due for a title fight after he embarrasses Bruce Leroy.

He was never quick but in the early going the speed disparity really showed, and as the fight wore on Barao looked mentally beaten as well as fatigued a bit.

He should work on being more nimble in the fight NOT after the fight with that stupid dance he does.

Think he looked slower because TJ was just much faster than previous opponents.

Back