I am opening a new Jiu Jitsu Gym in Castlegar, BC.

kpoz12

The No Life King
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I actually had a few fellow f12-ers come train with me before, and and y'all are more than welcome to come train at my new school in the Kootenay Region of British Columbia!

We have a bunch of super awesome Ski Resorts here, plus all kinds of hiking and camping in the summer months, as well as the infamous Shambhala Music Festival, so come on down!

I literally remember checking F12 back in 2006 to find a Jiu Jitsu gym here in the area!

Awesome. Good luck to your venture!

I actually had a few fellow f12-ers come train with me before, and and y'all are more than welcome to come train at my new school in the Kootenay Region of British Columbia!

We have a bunch of super awesome Ski Resorts here, plus all kinds of hiking and camping in the summer months, as well as the infamous Shambhala Music Festival, so come on down!

I literally remember checking F12 back in 2006 to find a Jiu Jitsu gym here in the area!

good luck man i opened my first gym in 2016 its a lot of work but you gotta stay positive

and make sure to do contracts lol that was my first mistake

Never heard of Castelgar til now but I googled pics. Looks like a beautiful place.

So instead of just you, there is now gonna be an entire academy attacking with killer kimuras?

Bad ass, best of luck

Congratulations brother, may you spread the blessed gospel of Kimura across the land.

Awesome, I lived in Vancouver Island in 2010 and visited BC last year for two month, there´s good BJJ in that province so maybe next time I´ll pass around and hope can visit you.
PD: Please no contracts for visitors, month to month pay XD

Thanks y'all!

Yes there has been a huge boom in Jiu Jitsu in British Columbia just in the last 10 years!
On the Coast (near Vancouver) you have a ton of great gyms: ROLL with Fllip Matos, On Guard BJJ with Matt Kwan, Alliance East Van, Ribeiro, Tristar Vancouver etc, and Island Top Team out on Vancouver Island.
And here in the Interior (Okanagan and Kootneays) we've got a lot of Pacific Top Teams, my affiliation through RDC Cobra Kai, Toshido MMA, and lots of smaller, independent teams.

So yeah, come take a trip to BC!

Back