I am not going to lie, I feared that Conor was going to get his momentum in the 3rd

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

The thin end of the wedge
@Steel
Reaction score
I am pretty happy that Khabib beat him, but I don't remember thinking that it was a one-sided beating like many here.

Ginger was actually starting to stop Khabib's TD, and Khabib did look like he was starting to run out of steam.

It was a weird feeling, after the beating that Ginger took in the 2nd, to fear that the fight had turned.

Of course it did not stop what happened in the 4th and Ginger must have had nothing left to tap to face squeeze like that, but in the 3rd I think I gave 50%-50% odds.

Am I alone?

Nah, he was suckin air after the first.
It was done.

I wasn't worried when I saw Khabib refusing to sit and jawing at Herb.

Meh. Conor never mounted anything in the third. It reminded me of Diaz vs GSP in the 3rd also. Where Nick started to land shots and GSP looked really tired and lethargic for a few minutes.

But this fight was not Shogun vs Jones or anything close. If that's what people are trying to say.

Don't call him "Ginger". It makes you look like an idiot.

It was a mauling in every sense, in and outside the cage. Deal with it.

I thought Conor did pretty good considering how the fight went. His grappling surprised me

Meh. Conor never mounted anything in the third. It reminded me of Diaz vs GSP in the 3rd also. Where Nick started to land shots and GSP looked really tired and lethargic for a few minutes.

But this fight was not Shogun vs Jones or anything close. If that's what people are trying to say.

That's correct.

But a priori, if Khabib couldn't take him down anymore, it was not going to be his fight.

He did get momentum but it seemed more like Khabib was taking a rest.

I'll call him however the fuck I want and I think it's funny.

It's not funny though. Why is calling McGregor "Ginger" funny? Is calling him "McTapper" funny? No, but at least it's somewhat related to fighting.

He did get momentum but it seemed more like Khabib was taking a rest.
That's what I hoped and it is very likely exactly what happened.
That being said, you didn't have a little "oh shit" moment? Like nothing?

I looked at it completely different. After Khabib stood with him for an entire round and was in ZERO trouble I knew this fight was in the bag.

Last edited:
I thought Conor did pretty good considering how the fight went. His grappling surprised me
Came outta the 1st round better than any other khabib opponent besides gleson. Khabib couldn't even get Conors back to the mat for most of the 1st round and landed a little gnp. 2nd round was fucked for Conor though.

It's not funny though. Why is calling McGregor "Ginger" funny? Is calling him "McTapper" funny? No, but at least it's somewhat related to fighting.

Are you a Ginger yourself? Why do you care so much? Or are you one of the cultists who will defend his money, his fame, and now his skin complexion?

That's what I hoped and it is very likely exactly what happened.
That being said, you didn't have a little "oh shit" moment? Like nothing?

Of course I did, I'm a Conor fan.

He just didn't have the same snap on his shots by that point.
I was really disappointed he didn't land anything significant in the first two rounds.

Conor was fucked after the first takedown. Khabib knew he had the fight won and wanted to humiliate Conor on the feet in the 3rd, but he couldn't dominate Conor like he did Barboza. So he did the smart thing and ended it in the fourth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back