I am going to miss the "how many buys this PPV will get" threads

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This weekend will be the first PPV in the ESPN+ app and we will never know how many buys it got.

And all the next events as well.

It is all over.

<DCrying>

I thought August was the first? DC/Lesnar?

Either way, I won't miss those threads. Far too much speculation based off of scraps of info with very little meat on the bone. I rarely believed the numbers unless they are surprisingly low.

I thought August was the first? DC/Lesnar?

Either way, I won't miss those threads. Far too much speculation based off of scraps of info with very little meat on the bone. I rarely believed the numbers unless they are surprisingly low.
I know they werent real to us dammit.... but at least they provided a ballpark

I couldnt care less about particular fighter financials. But i care about the UFC financials.

It was a way to know how the sport was doing overall

This weekend will be the first PPV in the ESPN+ app and we will never know how many buys it got.

And all the next events as well.

It is all over.

<DCrying>
I'm convinced it's all a ploy so when we get someone like Grasso versus Courtney Casey headlinig a card they'll be able to say it sold really well and had a massive increase in subscriber numbers without anyone being able to provide evidence to the contrary.

Are we really not going to know, or are the numbers just going to tank because it doesn't matter for the next few years?

This might save the 125 division though and that's awesome. It was fun discussing PPV numbers but PPV buys becoming a stat was a huge problem that came from boxing and if we don't know that problem goes away. It's more fun to know, but I do think it's better for the sport if we don't. Forces us to ignore them and focus on the in Octagon stuff.

You think you are sad?

Dave Meltzer is in his basement with a noose around his neck

Makes me want to get a man bun and drive a VW of some sort.

Don't worry, it goes like this:

Conor vs anyone > 1mil +
Bones vs anyone > 250k
Anyone else > 150k

Are we really not going to know, or are the numbers just going to tank because it doesn't matter for the next few years?

This might save the 125 division though and that's awesome. It was fun discussing PPV numbers but PPV buys becoming a stat was a huge problem that came from boxing and if we don't know that problem goes away. It's more fun to know, but I do think it's better for the sport if we don't. Forces us to ignore them and focus on the in Octagon stuff.
As far as i know we got these estimates through connections or data analysis that wont be available now that the providers have been cut off.

Now that everything is on ufcs hands we wont see that ever. They werent happy even with estimates being out in the open.

Don't worry, it goes like this:

Conor vs anyone > 1mil +
Bones vs anyone > 250k
Anyone else > 150k

Khabib and Cyborg are in the 250k+range too. Otherwise pretty perfect.

Thank the lord.... I'd understand if we were investors in the company with an actual stake in how much product the UFC sold, but damn. We're fans. It doesn't matter.

Back