"I am going to knock him out without a doubt" -Thiago Alves

Alves is a very dangerous fight for Bendo. But I think Bendo will find a way to avoid damage and get it to the ground, where he'll wear Alves out and sub him.

Good luck Thiago. I feel that Benson will grapple him to death.

The thing is it was obvious he was going to lose to Condit. That guy is elite and had a ton of range on him. I don't see Bendo having those same advantages. That being said I still think Bendo wins. He's just got more left in the tank and Alves has been trending downwards for a while.

Bendo will break him. It will be visible and obvious to everyone when it happens too.

Alves is just way too slow now. Too many injuries.

Pretty much this. The monster that destroyed Matt Hughes is long gone.

That Alves could definitely knock Bendo the fuck out. That monster is definitely no more. He's not even close to as explosive as he once was. Sad how injuries derailed his growth as a fighter, and his freak explosiveness.

No way in hell Bendo loses in Korea.

So is Thiago not moving down to lightweight after all?

Let's just focus on actually making it to the fight in tact, shall we, Thiago?

I think Bendo will weather the early storm, like he did against Thatch, and once Alves starts gassing, he takes him down and controls him for either a decision or late submission.

alves will go after him with leg kicks,it'll be interesting to see how bendo copes with that in the latter rounds. i would love for alves to go on tear again,but injuries have done him in.

Should be a good fight I favour Henderson to win a decision.

Bendo via sub is just too obvious....

Bendo by sub? Do you guys even mma? Thats like the least likely thing to happen.

Bendo at best wins a decision. Likely though alves by tko or decision

After Bendos last fight its kinda hard to pick against him.
If he strikes with Thiago he will go down tho.

I hope he does. Gotta support Bendo as one of the first big names in recent memory to fight up at a more natural weight class and show that true warrior spirit. Now if only he'd braid that hair or cut it off.

Bens a large guy. I met him in January and he was huge

I think Alves will get the TKO/KO, he's not going to be manhandled by Ben and I don't think Ben can take him down and he's got practically no KO power.

Bens a large guy. I met him in January and he was huge

He's a decent sized guy, large for LW but looks a bit small for WW. Could you guess what his weight was when you met him? I'd guess he walked around at 180 as a LW, but now he'll need to walk around at 190+ to cut down to 170 to compete with the larger WWs.

Back