I am an atheist and have no problem with fighters mentioning Christ/God.

Pol Pot and Stalin and whatever whatever. Every christian is the same. Funny how most of you brag how this is a "christian nation" at its core, but you don't own up to all the people the US has killed when it doesn't suit your insecure and back-peddling argument.

Anyway. No one uses a lack of belief in stupidity as an excuse to mass murder. They're incongruent comparisons. Wanting to kill off a competing ideology isn't killing in the name of atheism. It's recognizing an ulterior social device and wanting to eliminate it.

Do we really need to do this again? Aren't the handprints I left on you last time still pink? Your little LSAT word games don't work on me, son. There are no militaries murdering for the sake of a disbelief in a deity. It doesn't even make sense.

But like before, you will attach additional meaning to the tag of atheism. Just do it. I have about fifteen minutes to kill. Ten to fifteen. Attach evolution to atheism. Attach the big bang to atheism. Every fucking christian is exactly the same. Always says the same stupid stuff. Every single time. And I always win. Every time. It's honestly boring to me. Please bring something new to this. Please take it somewhere it's never gone.

You cannot kill for the sake of disbelief in something. It is by definition an emptiness of conviction, and so it cannot by itself be used to justify acts of immorality that are practically universal. Greed can. Ambition can. A chemical imbalance in your brain can. A lack of belief in something cannot. It's like a bridge that connects to neither side. It does not logically exist.

What in blazes are you babbling about? We haven't had a discussion about this before, and I'm not christian. Where did that come from?

Evolution? Dude, what? The big bang? I know much more about both of these topics than you do. What are you trying to say? Every christian is the same? Holy crap, that's one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard.

You went off on some tangent and never even answered my question. Why reply if you don't even answer my query? That makes no sense.

We had a very specific conversation going on a very precise topic, and now you've just shotgunned a bunch of crap that has nothing to do with it at a wall in the hope that something would stick. At least before you seemed like you could have an adult conversation without resorting to the trite and condescending tone that's basically the stereotype of the internet atheist. Now it seems I gave you too much credit.

Evolution? Dude, what? The big bang? I know much more about both of these topics than you do.

Quite the speculation. What's this based on? This is petty ignorance on your part. I wish someone who knew me could see some random christian apologist saying this to me. They'd find it really funny.

We had this conversation a few weeks ago. But play it off.

And you're not a christian. Let me guess. You're 'agnostic'. We'll hit this again, too.

Quite the speculation. What's this based on? This is petty ignorance on your part. I wish someone who knew me could see some random christian apologist saying this to me. They'd find it really funny.

We had this conversation a few weeks ago. But play it off.

And you're not a christian. Let me guess. You're 'agnostic'. We'll hit this again, too.

Why did you move the conversation to evolution and the big bang? And still without answering my question?

I don't really put a label on it. I just say "I don't know". Someone puts a gun to my head and told me to pick something, I'd probably say 51% deist.

Put, please, by all means continue to throw inaccurate labels at me while avoiding my points and questions.

I'm glad you don't get bent out of shape, TS - most people don't get bent out of shape when atheists complain about others espousing about God. Myself included.

I was being ironic. Edited that post to make an actual point though.

What's really ironic is you calling out atheists for hate. Religious extremists are so far ahead on the hate front, non-believers could never catch up. They'd have to launch a few dozen warheads to even scratch the surface of the hate and violence carried out in the name of God on a decade by decade basis spanning millennia.

I'm pretty sure stalin, mao zedong, pol pot, and most likely hitler have scratched the surface already.

I never understood why fellow atheists get so bent out of shape when someone like Benson Henderson decides to give a few shoot outs to Jesus. He has the right to express his beliefs if given the microphone. Do I agree with him or her that Jesus is listening? Hell no. Is it OK for a fighter to say what he or she wants within the compounds of censorship laws? Hell Yes.

That is because you aren't an insecure hypocrite who feels the need to mock any belief he doesn't share and can respect different people believe different things and it doesn't make someone inherently superior.

The irony is most atheists will tell you it is not only possible but probable that other intelligent, even greater intelligent, life exists in the universe without any proof whatsoever. There also has never been an example of life forming from non-life and all life as we know it has been created from another life. Atheists also have no problem with the concepts of certain things always existing like time and space so the idea of a being that always existed shouldn't be difficult for them to accept. So what many refer to as "God" may very well be what science would deem as an Alien life form. The two ideas actually are fairly comparable except for the close-minded and insecure.

I tip my hat to you. In one way I think it is really sad that you are the seemingly exception where it deserves credit not to fall into a category of intolerance and it should be the norm, but because it doesn't appear to be then those with the integrity to speak out should be acknowledged for that. Yet many of the same people who mock religion also are the first to accuse people of being bigots or prejudiced. Thus the hypocrisy. Although I do allow for the fact that the sampling may not be an accurate reflection as the Internet does seem to appeal to the lowest common denominator when these types of subjects are broached.

I never understood why fellow atheists get so bent out of shape when someone like Benson Henderson decides to give a few shoot outs to Jesus. He has the right to express his beliefs if given the microphone. Do I agree with him or her that Jesus is listening? Hell no. Is it OK for a fighter to say what he or she wants within the compounds of censorship laws? Hell Yes.

No body cares mate.

Why did you move the conversation to evolution and the big bang? And still without answering my question?

I don't really put a label on it. I just say "I don't know". Someone puts a gun to my head and told me to pick something, I'd probably say 51% deist.

Put, please, by all means continue to throw inaccurate labels at me while avoiding my points and questions.

I mentioned the big bang and evolution because your ilk, and you know exactly what that is, attaches these things to atheism.

While you haven't in this conversation, your pretending atheism has justified violence is nothing if not symptomatic of exactly what I am saying. It is giving extraneous characteristics to atheism rather than simply accepting atheism for what it is

I tip my hat to you.

1380697092809.jpg

TS is not an atheist, lol.

There's few things more irritating.

Yes please tell me all the things you can do through your imaginary tyrant. So silly.

Would it be just as acceptible for an atheist UFC fighter saying, after beating a Christian fighter known to thank God in the ring following wins, something along the lines of: "I'm glad there really isn't a God, so these fighters expecting God's assistance can be beaten up just like anybody else"? Would that be rude? Or is only praising God in the octagon appropriate?

I just think it is an awkward moment to express faith.

"I just wanna take this moment to thank Jesus for helping me punch that other guys face really hard until it was a bloody mess and then he fainted, Jesus and i are really happy about that."

Reminds me of this meme, don't see it if you aren't into black humor.

scumbag-jesus_o_571449.jpg

Would it be just as acceptible for an atheist UFC fighter saying, after beating a Christian fighter known to thank God in the ring following wins, something along the lines of: "I'm glad there really isn't a God, so these fighters expecting God's assistance can be beaten up just like anybody else"? Would that be rude? Or is only praising God in the octagon appropriate?

USA and Brazil would lose their shit, but I doubt anybody else would care.

I mentioned the big bang and evolution because your ilk, and you know exactly what that is, attaches these things to atheism.

While you haven't in this conversation, your pretending atheism has justified violence is nothing if not symptomatic of exactly what I am saying. It is giving extraneous characteristics to atheism rather than simply accepting atheism for what it is

If we believe that gods or supernatural agencies actually do determine the outcome of sporting events, shouldn't we ban it? After all, sporting events are supposed to be between humans competing on a level playing field, not an activity to determine who has the best relationship with God, or whose god is better.

Shouldn't we ban the involvement of PEDs (performance enhancing deities)?

If what I'm saying seems silly to you, isn't that because supernatural agents affecting sporting events is actually a silly belief, too silly to take seriously?

Dude....you have issues. Evolution and big bang are science. They have nothing to do with anything I said. Literally absolutely nothing. You're attributing positions and values to me that I not only do not have, but have already refuted. Yet you continue to do it.

I haven't said anyone used atheism to justify violence. I'm pointing out that the standard isn't applied evenly due to bias. My stance has been the complete opposite of what you've attributed to me, that neither religion or atheism is what makes madmen do terrible things. I explicitly stated as much.

We had a pretty normal conversation going until you starting shifting your Dawkins-mobile into Regurgitate Overdrive. Every post you make seems to show that you've had an enormous amount of trouble comprehending a single point I've made. Though I figure you're just ignoring it in favor of the inaccurate label you've decided to give me, despite it being justified by nothing I've ever said.

He's a fundie dude. Wasting your breath.

Back