I always wanted to be a fighter..

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by BrazilPitbullUS, May 22, 2014.

1. BrazilPitbullUS

BrazilPitbullUS Purple Belt

Fighters live and die in there own heads, motivation is the hardest attribute to maintain throughout a fighters career. Here's a video about making it in mma. Just thought you guys would enjoy it, I post this with peace and love.

Video is working now, sorry if anyone clicked on it while it was down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPx4cdZGSlQ

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  2. OuchPleaseNooo

OuchPleaseNooo Orange Belt

The fighters in that video don't fit the title too well. No doubt they all work extremely hard but not many guys in MMA always dreamt of being an MMA fighter. Most fall into it after Wrestling careers or College.

Jon Jones started at 21 and won the title at 23, Brock won his title after 2 years as well. MMA motivational vids just don't have the same feel to them as the Boxing ones. When you see Boxing guys you see fighters who know nothing but Boxing, fighters who have been training everyday since they were like 4 or 5 years old, no education and no alternative and it just makes them more endearing.

3. EndlessCritic

EndlessCritic Gold Belt

Not sure if trolling.

Many high profile boxers started training late, like Sergio Martinez.

You can't even compare guys like Lesnar and Jones to a guy like Martinez, because wrestling translates directly to MMA. Cycling doesn't.

What next, are you going to tell me a guy like Gilbert Durinho started training MMA late?