I agree 100%. STOP WEIGHT CUTTING MADNESS

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...tting-is-cheating-at-a-higher-scale-than-peds

Jrogan,,who i really don't care for makes a great point...

Weight Cutting is Cheating on a greater scale than using PED's

Rogan says ONE Championship is the template that everyone should follow going forward.

How One Championship does this in link above. Seems Hydration testing And daily weighins are the Key

I agree.....

STOP THE WEIGHT CUTTING MADNESS. imo Pretty much Everyone will move up a weight class AT LEAST.. Maybe even more.

Then TRUE CONTEST OF SKILL...
I dont care. if the person makes weight then it's fine. I like to see a freak show. a discrepency in weight makes the fight more interesting. big weight cutters dont always win.

he's not wrong....but does anyone else feel like TS just heard of the One system for the first time, didn't know we've all been talking about it for years, and is having his Dumb and Dumber "We landed on the moon!" moment?

hey TS, you should also google the CSAC 10 point weight cutting plan. and then recognize that since One owns the rules and regulations, it is much easier for them to implement these rules than UFC, who has to work with over 2 dozen different state AC's. ultimately the politics should prove to be more complex than the technology. but i do hope that CSAC gets us on the right track and these rules get merged into the next set of Unified Rules (on course for about 2024, if the "once every 7 or 8 years" trend continues to hold up)

California had all the fighters fight night weights. DJ weighed the same as Cody.

Very interesting read:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...ut-six-fighters-come-in-over-csac-regulations
i hadn't seen this, thanks for that.

Interesting results...Cody coming for that 125 belt? Cejudo was "virtually identical" to DJ, isnt DJ supposed to be smaller than anyone at FLW?

Fuck stopping weight cutting. Make it illegal for these fighters to gain weight in the first place. Weigh the fighters every week, and use some % for allowance possibly in the higher WC's with the bigger weight gaps between classes. Force their next fight into that WC.
If a FLW hits 137 they are automatically moved to the BW division.
BW hits 147 --> FTW
FTW hits 157 --> LW
LW hits 172 --> WW
WW hits 187 --> MW
MW hits 207 ---> LHW
LHW hits ??? (225ish) --> HW
HW hits ??? (300ish) --> (form SHW division unlimited)

The exact absolute weights can be changed as needed, but the concept is that a man or woman fighter must remain within a hard capped weight limit above their weightclass 24/7/365.

Fighters should be able to apply in advance for "exemption weeks" allowing for scheduled personal "life" events.

Administering the weighing or every single UFC fighter every single week would cost a minuscule fraction of the money that the PED testing in costing! Problem solved.

And like I said by that definition USADA also sucks, and commissions, etc.
But USADA is a joke; how many times have they popped an athlete, then backtracked and gave them a slap on the wrist when they should have hit them with a stiffer sentence? USADA is known for corruption, like when they catch an athlete with something on the WADA banned substances list, then retroactively give them a therapeutic use exemption, when the substance should have been reported in the first place if it was for therapeutic use.

Commissions themselves are often a bad in practice; there's a reason why a running joke is how the New York and Texas state athletic commissions are incompetent.

The UFC has shown that it can run a tight ship with things such as USADA, even if it causes problems for them. With the occasional Lesnar hiccup
Except USADA has a history of corruption, meaning they're in cahoots with the UFC anyways.

But USADA is a joke; how many times have they popped an athlete, then backtracked and gave them a slap on the wrist when they should have hit them with a stiffer sentence? USADA is known for corruption, like when they catch an athlete with something on the WADA banned substances list, then retroactively give them a therapeutic use exemption, when the substance should have been reported in the first place if it was for therapeutic use.

Commissions themselves are often a bad in practice; there's a reason why a running joke is how the New York and Texas state athletic commissions are incompetent.

Except USADA has a history of corruption, meaning they're in cahoots with the UFC anyways.

Lets agree on disagreeing then.

I think even if you include potential corruption, implementation of OneFC rules would have a positive effect.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...tting-is-cheating-at-a-higher-scale-than-peds

Jrogan,,who i really don't care for makes a great point...

Weight Cutting is Cheating on a greater scale than using PED's

Rogan says ONE Championship is the template that everyone should follow going forward.

How One Championship does this in link above. Seems Hydration testing And daily weighins are the Key

I agree.....

STOP THE WEIGHT CUTTING MADNESS. imo Pretty much Everyone will move up a weight class AT LEAST.. Maybe even more.

Then TRUE CONTEST OF SKILL...
You're punishing the fighters when the fundamental problem is the lack of weight class options.

Everything is fine as it is.

If a fighter is willing to risk his health and a possible pay cut to cut massive amounts of weight, let them. It's their choice. Increase the penalty for missing weight, to like 40% to incentivize making weight. If a doctor deems it unhealthy and the fighter gets pulled, next fight book them at a weight class higher.

Others can follow the Frankie Edgar model and cut very little to retain all the physical advantages. On the other hand, if we have the Titos and Forrests who can successfully cut weight, why penalize them?

Didn't realize DJ was a pound heavier than Cejudo, he looked smaller and was getting muscled around.

Lets agree on disagreeing then.

I think even if you include potential corruption, implementation of OneFC rules would have a positive effect.
I agree with you that OneFC rules should be implemented. The main difference I feel should be that all weights would be made public, so fans who care can track a fighter's weight through their camp.

Corruption or poor use of the system doesnt mean that the system is flawed.

Claims of a system working without proper evidence to back it up means that the system is nothing more than a fantasy.

You're punishing the fighters when the fundamental problem is the lack of weight class options.

How do you mean..?

too big a gap between the 155-170-185-205?

Or you Joking?

I'd Love to see 125,135,145,155,165,175,185,195,205,225
With sane WeighIn Fight weights like in the first post.

How do you mean..?

too big a gap between the 155-170-185-205?

Or you Joking?

I'd Love to see 125,135,145,155,165,175,185,195,205,225
With sane WeighIn Fight weights like in the first post.
Yes, the gaps are too large.

California had all the fighters fight night weights. DJ weighed the same as Cody.

Very interesting read:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...ut-six-fighters-come-in-over-csac-regulations

I don't even find DJ's weight in comparison to Cody to be noteworthy. It's 10 pounds. What I find insane are guys like Rumble or Till who are (reportedly) cutting 30 pounds. 30/170 is nearly 1/6. 10/125 is about 1/13. That math isn't the correct formula for determining percentage of water cut, I understand - just making an observation on approximate amount cut to their weight class.

So.....all heavyweights will be moved up to super heavyweight, or super-super heavyweight?
Not really. You're allowed to cut up to 10 percent of your body weight. So at HW you're allowed to cut 26 pounds. So if being 291lbs is not enough. That's a problem. Boost the heavyweight limit to 285lbs

So.....all heavyweights will be moved up to super heavyweight, or super-super heavyweight?
Not a lot of heavywesights cut weight. Anyone coming in at under 264 pounds probably isn’t cutting weight. Guys lock Brock and Lewis are cutting some weight but Fedor, Cain and DC that come in 230ish aren’t cutting so it wouldn’t affect them.

I don't even find DJ's weight in comparison to Cody to be noteworthy. It's 10 pounds. What I find insane are guys like Rumble or Till who are (reportedly) cutting 30 pounds. 30/170 is nearly 1/6. 10/125 is about 1/13. That math isn't the correct formula for determining percentage of water cut, I understand - just making an observation on approximate amount cut to their weight class.
DJ gained back 17 pounds. And he probably didn’t gain back 100% of the water weight he cut, so he could have been cutting 20+ pounds possibly.

DJ has said something along the lines of "all I gotta do is take a dump n I make weight".
That was his reason for not going up in weight.

Back