I accidentally used all my Data

Not sure how people still have data limits in 2020, even I have unlimited data lol

The companies don't want to sell unlimited data plans so they default to limited data plans and most people don't want to pay the extra for unlimited.

Also, way more people use data here and more of it so its in the company's interest to throttle bandwidth where is less developed countries the goal is to just get more users period.

A lot of data plans in America were unlimited early on, but once everyone got on board they started limited data. A lot of companies still off unlimited plans but it costs a bit more. I have an unlimited plan now.

It's because they want to take advantage of the Canadian market while they still can. We didn't even have unlimited plans until last year. They're slowly rolling them out because they pretty much have to at this point, we are way behind in terms of plans.

Now to continue to capitalize off unlimited plans they chose to cap the high speed at certain thresholds like 10gb 20gb 30gb etc, and once you go over they reduce your speed. This is to try and lure people into buying a more expensive plan.

A 10gb 4g unlimited plan might be $60, but a 20gb might be $75. Most people want high speed data not old 3g lte technology.

Its just a play by big telecom to make more money. Eventually all plans will switch to unlimited high speed but I don't expect that for a few more years, and then prices will drop incrementally over time until they find a new reason to charge more money, like an even faster network.

It's because they want to take advantage of the Canadian market while they still can. We didn't even have unlimited plans until last year. They're slowly rolling them out because they pretty much have to at this point, we are way behind in terms of plans.

Now to continue to capitalize off unlimited plans they chose to cap the high speed at certain thresholds like 10gb 20gb 30gb etc, and once you go over they reduce your speed. This is to try and lure people into buying a more expensive plan.

A 10gb 4g unlimited plan might be $60, but a 20gb might be $75. Most people want high speed data not old 3g lte technology.

Its just a play by big telecom to make more money. Eventually all plans will switch to unlimited high speed but I don't expect that for a few more years, and then prices will drop incrementally over time until they find a new reason to charge more money, like an even faster network.

I don't care about Canada.

Not sure how people still have data limits in 2020, even I have unlimited data lol
I changed my plan because I’m wfh since last March. I had unlimited data but now I’m almost always connected to my wifi so it seems pointless

This happened to me once on a shared plan with my bro. Im not sure how he used up ALL of our data, but it just happened to be the most inopportune time ever.

I was stuck before heading into a concert and couldnt even open my email to show my ticket because there was no data left.

That was a fucking embarassing moment. They were cool and figured it out for me though

The companies don't want to sell unlimited data plans so they default to limited data plans and most people don't want to pay the extra for unlimited.
I think T-Mobile was running a deal with their unlimited data plan to lure in customers from other carriers before their merger with Sprint which is why I have it, so maybe I am grandfathered in. But it seems crazy like paying for minutes, would feel like the flip-phone era.

I changed my plan because I’m wfh since last March. I had unlimited data but now I’m almost always connected to my wifi so it seems pointless
I'm always streaming music in my car (especially for longer trips) so I don't want to ever have to think how much longer I have before I gotta deal with fm radio.

I think T-Mobile was running a deal with their unlimited data plan to lure in customers from other carriers before their merger with Sprint which is why I have it, so maybe I am grandfathered in. But it seems crazy like paying for minutes, would feel like the flip-phone era.

I'm always streaming music in my car (especially for longer trips) so I don't want to ever have to think how much longer I have before I gotta deal with fm radio.
I hate TMobile. I had the plan with Sprint where I got a phone and new iPad delivered as soon as it was released. Now they've merged with Sprint they've stopped it.

What kind of third world shithole doesn't have unlimited data

Damn that's alot of only fans usage

Back