I absolutely cannot stand Big John McCarthy

Well big john was the one who begged the doc in the Jones vs Gustafsson fight not to stop it when Jones took a beating from hell (clearly pro Jones) and is now the main suspect in the committed robbery that took place in that fight, together with the judges of course.

I've heard people say John's knee just glanced, but look at how Aldo's limbs react the second McCarthy makes impact, His knee puts him limp, not Conor.

It was a joint KO.

200w.gif
Taking the time to read the thread, look for a meme, then post it in this thread, shows a hell of a lot of caring......lot more than the brothers on here that just typed in.

fans of a sport bitching about the referees........thats a new one...

He's a great referee. I've learned a lot from him over the years.

He does have that annoying cop tone when he yells in the cage.

How are you today mr. officer ?

STEP OUT OF THE CAR NOWWW!

He has the attitude of a cop. Another strike against him. None of these things you say make him any better. They actually reinforce the OP's point.

"He's a tough guy!!!!!!!!!!!!" derp derp derp

Cops can eat shit too. Especially LAPD. If he is so tough take off the gun and badge. He always needs the aura of authority backing him. You may find that admirable, I don't. You sound like a bootlicker in general.

"I'm watching two men trying to punch or choke each other unconscious but I get my feewings hurt by the big mean referee."

Jesus Christ.

I have nothing against Big John, the only one I'm not in favor lately is Mario, he works like he needs to show his name, he needs attention.

Josh Rosenthal was the best one, shame he had to go full retard outside the cage.

It's like every week, i gotta show you guys why Big John is the Boss of MMA refs.

LOL
Big John is a clumsy fool.
Years ago, he charged in to award Brian Johnston a TKO win. He headbutted Johnston, broke his nose, and knocked him out of the tournament.
Didn't know about that.

IMO McCarthy is one of if not the most consistent and competent refs working. Goddard is good, Rosenthal was great, but other than those guys everyone else is a fuckup away from the old "he was never any good" Sherdog loves so much.

Hell, if McCarthy is a clumsy fool, what is Miragliotta?

I think he just got tired of all the bullshit the fighters try to play on him. Trying to play dumb or break the rules..etc

Keith Peterson is pretty damned consistent. And the fact that no one talks a lot about him likely means he's doing his job better than most.
Apart from when people are tapping to submissions

Back