I’m tired Mayberry. EDIT: Thank you alll for your support

There are posters on here better suited to give you advice on what you're going through than me. Just wanted to say please take care of yourself and stay strong. You're a good part of this forum, and more importantly I'm sure you mean a lot to the family and friends in your life too.

been there, dude. still hit these same pockets of hopelessness from time to time (the winter blues doesn’t help), but getting better every day (i finally started reading consistently again). i just hope you take advantage of the helping hands that have reached out to you in this thread (@BEER @fungi @MeatWagon06 bless) & also take care to notice the advice & caring of others.

i want extend to you my contact information, whether it be simply PMs on here, or email/discord/text. let me know. i don’t think i will be able to help in the same way as the others listed above because i’m still trying to figure my own shit out, but i can offer in-real-time shared experiences/be a mirror to shout at.

I’m trying to stay on the up. Some of you know I struggle with alcohol but this time is a lot. No benzos to go down. No way to taper. I can't go on but I physically can't stop. Hell on earth. Love you ‘Berry

please don’t try to contact my family btw. I respect everyone privacy. :)

Honestly there are reasons to kill oneself but addiction is a piss poor one.

Look at how many people deal with it and move on, TS?

Hey @TheNinja . Sounds like you're sobering up and have found some help in AA. I've seen that organization accomplish miracles. People completely turn their lives around. I'm happy for ya Bro. Drugs and Alcohol can take your soul, and it sounds like it got close... Trust in God, clean house, and help others. You'll be alright. You don't ever have to go through this again if you don't want to. ;)

Last edited:
Suicide is a one way ticket man.
Permanent sleep.
It will come naturally to us all, but before that you have stuff to do.
Dont take that chance, fight like you have never fought before, be that man...
When you have won focus on making the world a better place.. Or dont.. Its your choice.

Don't do it bro, don't give Ari Shaffir an excuse to make an edgy joke about you.

I still here guys. Thank you for support and reaching out to everyone. Got some sleep. Feel better this moring other than having to detox and go through hell but I will push through. Sherdog has been great. I've known this place since TUF 1 :) Been here like 15 years....dang! lol. We all rip on each other for fun and make our jokes but I've seen so many good people here it's amazing.

Last edited:
Thank you. Once it's over it's oever right ? but then what's left? The master of karate and sunshine has to go on. I love Sherdog for so many reasons. Yes we are a bunch of funny people and dig at each other but deep down we care.
You won the lottery when you were born, why would you throw the grand prize away? Regardless of your situation, sick or healthy, poor or rich, in love or heartbroken, you :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: won the lottery of life. The mere fact that you can think is a miracle. What are the odds of that? You could have been a rock or part of a gas cloud somewhere adrift in space, or horse manure, but instead you are a computah, you gotta keep downloading

You won the lottery when you were born, why would you throw the grand prize away? Regardless of your situation, sick or healthy, poor or rich, in love or heartbroken, you :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: won the lottery of life. The mere fact that you can think is a miracle. What are the odds of that? You could have been a rock or part of a gas cloud somewhere adrift in space, or horse manure, but instead you are a computah, you gotta keep downloading
I hear ya man. No coward's way out or throwing away the gift I was given. It's just physically like being underwater or breathing through a straw right now. Defiintely not throwing it away!

We're all fucked up aren't we - but I think most won't admit it

Hope you get through this bud - people care - stay positive - focus on the happy things in life

It's hard I know

I hear ya man. No coward's way out or throwing away the gift I was given. It's just physically like being underwater or breathing through a straw right now. Defiintely not throwing it away!
Get out of the water

images

images

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Your not alone, many here are struggling in the same way..minute by minute...sometimes that’s all you have..

Exercise. Jump on Tinder. Drop the alcohol. Watch some funny TV shows. Go for a long walk.

Do anything but don't hurt your family and fellow Sherdoggers.

I’m trying to stay on the up. Some of you know I struggle with alcohol but this time is a lot. No benzos to go down. No way to taper. I can't go on but I physically can't stop. Hell on earth. Love you ‘Berry

please don’t try to contact my family btw. I respect everyone privacy. :)
Hey, I don’t know you, but want to let you know it’s not hopeless. This can be overcome. Your family is there for you, there’s lots of support groups/meetings full of ppl who are there for you, You can even drop me a comment or PM.

like someone else said, if the withdrawals are too bad, that can be dangerous. Go to the ER or see a dr. Seeing a doc might sound weird, but there really are good ones out there, just be honest with them. I was shown extreme compassion by one doc many years ago. I’m 13 years clean now, and he and I exchange Christmas cards sometimes :)
Be strong. There’s a better life waiting for you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back