I’ll just say it, we should stop acting like Nunes and Valentina are great fighters.

I can get what your saying. Both Amanda and Valentina are the best woman's fighters on the planet by far

giphy.gif

Very few posters think the women are as skilled as men. It's just not in their genetic makeup, that's why Military/LEO has lower physical standards for females. Nunes and Val are still the best female fighters on the planet though.....

Last edited:
So the insult is that they are pioneers who have developed skill sets superior to their competition, thus raising the bar for WMMA and forcing the fighters to become better to attempt to compete with them?

And this is a problem why?

I always find it strange when people disparage combat sports athletes for beating the people put in front of them, particularly when they are actively taking on the biggest challenges available in their generation of fighters.

and who exactly is conflating them with Khabib, Usman and Jones?
Please post quotes so we can establish whether it was done in an appropriate context, such as evaluating them in their achievements and abilities relative to their divisional opponents.

The problem with intentional troll topics or topics meant to purposely trigger others is that people
actually attempt to response logically to them giving the topic at hand way more attention then it deserves.

issue is, these divisions suck so much that someone else will come along right after her and also defend like 49 times. I honestly think there’s about 10 women’s featherweights on the planet and half of them are part time fighters. If you get one that’s slightly talented she can reign for a decade.
Half of those 10 could and should be fighting at 135, but they dont want to do the dieting, in the end, Spencer could had fought 4-5 times at 135 to get her shot at Nunes, she only fought like once at 145 to get it, beating one of the worst "contenders" while at it.

Nobody is any good in the UFC. We know...we hear it here about 100 times a day. Thanks for the "original" thread.

I mean, isn’t that how you judge these things. By how good they are compared to their peers. By that criteria, they’re both great.

No woman can be good, because most women suck.

Ts is basic and a waste of air

Women are equal to men in fighting just like all sports from track and field to basketball to weightlifting even the standard to join the military. To anything that doesn’t involve being tiny and dancing.

They are both occupying divisions that are absolute wastelands with no talent. They are obviously both talented relevant to their competition, and will likely both reign basically until they hit their 40s or decide to retire.

But we shouldn’t be mentioning them in the same breath as someone like Khabib, Usman, Jones, or even lesser champs like Izzy or Volk.

They are more like the dudes who won belts in the early 90s MMA. You have to take into account that they aren’t fighting good people. Amanda beating up 72 soccer moms in a row does not make her as good as Volk beating Max twice, or Izzy beating Rob once.
Volk lost to max though

The problem with intentional troll topics or topics meant to purposely trigger others is that people
actually attempt to response logically to them giving the topic at hand way more attention then it deserves.

It's all about the plus ones.

And how was Rickson, for example, more well rounded than Valentina?
better at grappling, better at striking. WMMA striking is robotic and planned, they get into range then auto fire their prerehersed combo. No feeling and moving like the men. Your logic would have people really believe Valentina is more technical and well rounded then Izzy because she wins via grappling unlike him and throws a wider range of strikes.

Back