I´ve said it before and I will say it again: Ronda is NOT a fighter.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TheSweedee, Dec 31, 2016.

1. TheSweedee

TheSweedee White Belt

She is a Very good judoka, but has never and will never be a fighter. In female MMA this has been good enough to absolutley DOMINATE since the average skill level has been So low, until now. Well, its still "so low" besides 2-3 female fighters in that division.

But the Very first second it faced someone that could defend the only thing shes good at her entire world came crashing down.

It´s like the entire world was fooled and believed everything, hell even Rogan. When in reality all that she has even done was Judo, but instead of judo tournament she did judo in the octagon instead and Any female judoka at that level would have had the exact same result as Ronda without throwing a single punch or a kick.

Shes not "amazing" "best of all time" "legend" she is a Judoka that timed her MMA debut perfectly since she has been facing part time fighters that didn´t have a background in anything. Yes, she once faced a good wrestler with the dumbest strategy of all time but that another story and yes she hit the brazilian woman with something that looked like a punch once.

But after all of this one on one specific training where everything is based on her she should be looking like a female TJ Dillashaw out there. But she looks exactly the same as her debut and I´m sure her skill level is the same.

Her timing made her millions though and I´m happy for her. But lets not sit in a circle and pretend.

2. Which Doctor

Which Doctor The ATT Heel Stable/Faction Belt

#mybusiness w/ Heenan, Bockwinkle, & Covington
    She'll be back and go over Mark Hunt @ UFC 300, fighting for Canada or Armenia.

3. TheSweedee

TheSweedee White Belt

“The loss to Holly Holm validated something she felt deeply,” said Frincu. “That she wasn’t good enough, that something was fundamentally wrong with her.”

“I bet she felt like a fraud. Or even more, the way she lost to Holm, Ronda probably felt like she can never escape her past, can never feel good about herself. Boxing, or her new and better self, let her down that night. That explains her suicidal thoughts and the reason she collapsed emotionally.”

"It's a pretty lonely life being Ronda Rousey.”

Frincu believes Tarverdyan’s initial disdain for the eager, female, MMA neophyte Rousey helped cement the relationship.

“He may not even know he does it,” said Frincu. “Maybe it’s cultural. Maybe that’s who he is and that’s how he treats women. It just happens that the worst thing that could happen to her is pairing up with that guy.

“She associates guilt and emotional blackmail and all this poison with love. That is love to her. To show anything different than that—to show respect, to treat her like a professional and a human being—that’s foreign to her.”

Frincu says the relationship with Tarverdyan is tumultuous, with Rousey at times texting or calling dozens of times in an hour. Rousey believes that Tarverdyan drives her to emotional lengths in a way that mimics the pressure of a fight, and leaves her better prepared as a fighter. Others attribute the apparent machinations to simple incompetence.

Frincu said the filming of The Ultimate Fighter in 2013 was more than he could contenance. Rousey was stressed to the point her hair was falling out.

“The way he talked to her—wow, what I witnessed,” said Frincu. “The way he talked to everybody, going on these rants. Cursing about how terrible she is. I didn’t feel physically safe. I’m a guy who can take care of himself, but I felt uncomfortable. The next morning I took a plane and I left.”

“It’s almost like there’s not a real world around her. Nobody keeps it real. It’s almost like a self-destructive organism.”

“It’s all emotional. There’s no logic in that camp. And that makes it very unstable. It’s like walking on eggshells. It’s terrible. It’s so stressful to be in that camp. It’s supposed to be hard work. But it has to be rational. There has to be a plan. Everything there is rage and anger.”

4. FleximusPrime

FleximusPrime I'm a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus

5. BC

BC Helax

I'm not reading that fucking novel but that is just silly thing to say.

She's a fighter, she gets in the cage to fight, albeit a one dimensional one but still.

6. OverCoronavirus Pressure

OverCoronavirus Pressure A LOT OF DEATH!

5/7/89 Grateful Dead show, Frost amphitheatre
    And you were wrong before, and you're wrong now.
    Unless she's retired.

7. Bob Gray

Bob Gray Deadlights Belt Platinum Member

Every time you say it, you're wrong.

8. TheSweedee

TheSweedee White Belt

No, she gets in the cage to do judo

9. Electrifyin1

Electrifyin1 Purple Belt

Edmond tarverdyan is a great coach though...

[​IMG]

Ronda has zero striking, no chin and no heart. I would hope to see neither of these two again

Jackie Blue likes this.
  10. biscuitsbrah

biscuitsbrah Red Belt

Who is Frincu? Where is that from? Makes a lot of sense though

11. BC

BC Helax

Judont know what you are talking about.

12. oceansize

oceansize Blue Belt

She is a fighter just not a good one by any reasonable standard. Women's MMA is, generally speaking, horrible. I didn't watch the fight as I refuse to support WMMA. Just terrible.

13. TheSweedee

TheSweedee White Belt

I have no idea. He went HARD though and I agree.

14. CPH

CPH Let's party

TS is spot on. Funny how people are still denying it ...because they are too stupid to understand what 'fighter' means.

Watch the old Davis vs Nunes fight to see how a real 'fighter' reacts to being hit and dominated. Miesha, PVZ, and even a low level scrapper like Smith have 10 times more fight in them than the much stronger, more skilled Rousey.

15. viewer

viewer Orange Belt

TS is absolutely correct, Ronda is not a fighter. In fact what you just saw was some random person picked up from the streets and put into a cage. Ronda is not a real fighter and the highly intelligent TS has revealed it to us. Ronda was actually a janitor a few years back and if it hadn't been for the superb mental capabilities of TS you would still have believed that RR was a fighter.

16. Ironman70.3

Ironman70.3 Green Belt

She is a fighter, just a poor sport who's never been taught how to lose and runs away when things don't go her way

Jackie Blue likes this.
  17. Lykma Bocks

Lykma Bocks White Belt

Exactly!

18. haraigoshi

haraigoshi flat ASS!!!

Honda fought only 3 women who had,just like her,a REAL full time career as a professional fighter and she beat 1 and got demolished by the other 2.
    just like have being said here thousand of times before its ease to look superior when you fight part timers or mothers who have to spare scarce time and money to train and fight.
    it is just a "big fish in small pond"case.

19. LoneStalker

LoneStalker Black Belt

But... but.... but she said that she could beat Cain Velazquez under the right circumstances!!!! And she said she could beat José Aldo!
    You know, she said she could defeat the whole division with one hand strapped to her back....

So what you are saying is probably wrong, TS.......

20. LostMyBlackBelt

LostMyBlackBelt Red Belt

She is a fighter like Brock is one. They are not really MMA fighters but can still beat most people up based on a set of skills and being beasts, but neither has a nose for fighting once they get hit.