I´m from Argentina. Ask me anything

When I was in Brazil, it was common when you are having a conversation with a woman at a bar to just start making out. I was told they consider it getting to know one another. I enjoyed it. Are Venezuelan woman open to hooking up easily? And is there a slut culture? I love sluts.

I know people from both countries. But I don't think that is the case.

Italian is a whole different language, even portuguese is more similar than spanish than italian.

Argentina and Uruguay have regions where we talk in something called "rioplatense spanish" which is basically the use of "vos" instead of "tu" and some other shit like that, but in a lot of region of Argentina people actually use the neutral spanish, similar to Mexico.

Of course every region has their modism/terms/etc.
@DaleBoca or @SalvadorAllende can confirm or deny it in any case.
You pretty much nailed it.

What do you think about Chile?
Beautiful country.
When I was in Brazil, it was common when you are having a conversation with a woman at a bar to just start making out. I was told they consider it getting to know one another. I enjoyed it. Are Venezuelan woman open to hooking up easily? And is there a slut culture? I love sluts.
I think I have met only one single venezuelan girl and she was incredible hot but also super pretentious. She is living in Brazil now I think.

What are your views of Welsh Argentines?
Dont know any Welsh here but I feel they should be pretty cool.

Getting mixed signals in here.

He isnt really an asshole, he just thinks Argentina food and drinks are the best place in the universe and nothing can compare.

Didnt really bothered me, people from Sinaloa are the same.

I'm gonna use an example, this is a meme made for us about us (The Argentinosaurus is actually a dinosaur discovered here, that's true):

argentinosaurus-que-miras-pelotudo-cuantos-meteoritos-tenes-36326005.png

In the second panel, the argentinosaurus says "What are you looking at idiot? How many meteorites do you have?"

This is a joke because everytime an argentinian is discussing about anything with guys from other latin american countries, we use to say "how many (soccer world) cups do you have?"
Also the first tense "What are you looking at idiot?" is related to how much rude we use to be between us.

Last edited:
I know people from both countries. But I don't think that is the case.

Italian is a whole different language, even portuguese is more similar than spanish than italian.

Argentina and Uruguay have regions where we talk in something called "rioplatense spanish" which is basically the use of "vos" instead of "tu" and some other shit like that, but in a lot of region of Argentina people actually use the neutral spanish, similar to Mexico.

Of course every region has their modism/terms/etc.
@DaleBoca or @SalvadorAllende can confirm or deny it in any case.
Yeah, your explanation doesn’t jive with my experience.

Maybe if varies a lot on region from your point of view, but Mexican Spanish is a lot different, in all the regions I’ve spent time in.

And a native of Neuquen told me this , when we were BOTH working in Italy.

And Port is quite different on its own too, to me it feels like a mix of French and Spanish if you will, at least in Brazil, where I have worked a lot also.

Portenyoel(I know i butchered the f out of the spelling) is spoken on the street a lot in Brazil, it’s a mix of Spanish and port so maybe that’s what you are referring too.

When I’m in these countries I’m not spending the majority of my time in big tourist cities where they speak English well enough, I spend most my time out in the country I. Remote areas where no one speaks English and I have to learn it quickly enough to get by on my own.

But changing country to country often does mix up my remeberance of each one, especially when I don’t go to a Latin based country for a while and I’m learning Thai and then Russian and then back to another Latin based language country.

Serious? Was it just because they had copiously consumed alcohol and you're a sherdog 10? Or they're just affectionate and hornier than Nkrth Americans? You sure none were trannies?

Getting mixed signals in here.

He isnt really an asshole, he just thinks Argentina food and drinks are the best place in the universe and nothing can compare.

Didnt really bothered me, people from Sinaloa are the same.

Im just kidding, being that stereotypical asshole which people claim that we are.

Maybe if varies a lot on region from your point of view, but Mexican Spanish is a lot different, in all the regions I’ve spent time in.

And Port is quite different on its own too, to me it feels like a mix of French and Spanish if you will, at least in Brazil, where I have worked a lot also.

Portenyoel(I know i butchered the f out of the spelling) is spoken on the street a lot in Brazil, it’s a mix of Spanish and port so maybe that’s what you are referring too.

When I’m in these countries I’m not spending the majority of my time in big tourist cities where they speak English well enough, I spend most my time out in the country I. Remote areas where no one speaks English and I have to learn it quickly enough to get by on my own.

But changing country to country often does mix up my remeberance of each one, especially when I don’t go to a Latin based country for a while and I’m learning Thai and then Russian and then back to another Latin based language country.

What do you do?
Just curious.

Mexican and Argentinian Spanish are intelligible, Italian is not period. There is no argument whatsoever to be had.

Argentinians speak spanish with an italian accent, but they still speak spanish.

Mexican and Argentinian Spanish are intelligible, Italian is not period. There is no argument whatsoever to be had.

Argentinians speak spanish with an italian accent, but they still speak spanish.

Yea, I could converse with brasileños and tanos if we each speak slow enough but at a elementary level. Especially Italian, at the end of the day it is another language. But I could read and understand what’s going on.

Hell, people from Brazil even had a hard time understanding people from Portugal, since the Portuguese speak with their damn mouths closed.

How many stray/feral dogs do you see on a daily basis? I was once dating a girl who wanted to move to Buenos Aires to teach English, that was her stupid idea not mine...

How many stray/feral dogs do you see on a daily basis? I was once dating a girl who wanted to move to Buenos Aires to teach English, that was her stupid idea not mine...
Not much in the city.

But a lot in less populated places. People just feed random dogs and make them their own but the dogs are not allowed inside the house... so they are in the streets all day.

The indigenous people in Argentina were pretty much killed off. There is still a small percentage now. Those non-European looking Argentinos are practically Paraguayans, Bolivians and other.
Isn't the countryside full of Mestizos like Maradona?

Isn't the countryside full of Mestizos like Maradona?

Full of mestizo? No. That’s probably less than 10%. Majority of Argentines can name where their great-grandparents came from. My great-grandparents came from Germany(mother’s side) and my great-grand parents on my fathers side from Northern Italy.

***Sorry, you said the countryside just saw it. In the North, perhaps a lot more than you would see but that has to do with the borders.

As for Diego. There have been rumors for a while that Maradona’s family on his father side was Paraguayan, hell, from my understanding the surname Maradona is a made up one. Maradona’s mother had some Croatian ancestry.

As for those mestizo looking Argentines, as I said earlier, they likely came from Bolivian or Paraguayan ancestry, maybe a couple generations ago, if that. More and more undocumented immigrants from those countries are flooding the country. The same issue, with the Us and as the case with US many Argentines blame the Paraguayan who come over the border illegally also bring their drugs and violences and create shanty towns. The US and Argentina have similar parallels.

Not many will leave the country, and you won’t find huge Argentine communities overseas as you would do with other Latin American countries. Our population rate is steadily going up. For all the shit our economy as gone through, very few will want to leave.

I’ve grown up in the States most of my life, even though I was born out there, but I’d still be seen as a yanqui for having lived in the US for most of my life.

Full of mestizo? No. That’s probably less than 10%. Majority of Argentines can name where their great-grandparents came from. My great-grandparents came from Germany(mother’s side) and my great-grand parents on my fathers side from Northern Italy.

***Sorry, you said the countryside just saw it. In the North, perhaps a lot more than you would see but that has to do with the borders.

As for Diego. There have been rumors for a while that Maradona’s family on his father side was Paraguayan, hell, from my understanding the surname Maradona is a made up one. Maradona’s mother had some Croatian ancestry.

As for those mestizo looking Argentines, as I said earlier, they likely came from Bolivian or Paraguayan ancestry, maybe a couple generations ago, if that. More and more undocumented immigrants from those countries are flooding the country. The same issue, with the Us and as the case with US many Argentines blame the Paraguayan who come over the border illegally also bring their drugs and violences and create shanty towns. The US and Argentina have similar parallels.

Not many will leave the country, and you won’t find huge Argentine communities overseas as you would do with other Latin American countries. Our population rate is steadily going up. For all the shit our economy as gone through, very few will want to leave.

I’ve grown up in the States most of my life, even though I was born out there, but I’d still be seen as a yanqui for having lived in the US for most of my life.

Im guessing most immigrants are content as long as their bellies are full and Argentine may go to the shitter economically every decade but at least it has a lot of cropland to feed people.

Actually Argentina seems like an amazing place. Very exotic and unique and so many Germans... what's up with that?

what about Carlos Monzon?
d5c3441bce61eb33eb81a7f814783b49.jpg
He's clearly indigenous.

I've been wanting to visit Argentina for a long time and I plan on visiting in the next year or two. Really would love to go to your Lollapalooza (you guys go hard for music).

If I had a week to visit what are the best cities/areas to see other than Buenas Aires?

Also what is the best season of the year to visit?

Hey guys. Informative thread if you want to.

I´m from this strange country that for my surprise a lot of foreign people are insterested in (I love to travel and I have met a lot of people here from Europe saying it was their dream to come to Argentina and Im like WTF?).

Ask me anything you want to know.
Is Homo the norm there

Back