I´m from Argentina. Ask me anything

When are you guys coming to take the Falklands back? Aren't you interested in a rematch?
this-is-a-little-savage-net-19956085.png

Would you say Argentina is a good vacation destination?
Beaches, Food, how they treat foreigner?
Food is amazing. Best meat in the world.
The treat the foreigner pretty well.
And shit.. you could spend 3 months traveling the country and would not be out of things to do.
Also is cheap.

I have 2 friends from Argentina. Do you know them?
Are they hot girls? If that is the case probably dont.

Blonde haired, blue eyed latino women? Common?

Would you recommend a holiday there, would an English family be welcomed by the majority?
Not common, not THAT uncommon. Specially in the big cities.
Dont pull shit with the Falklands and you will be fine. People is still salty over that.

When are you guys coming to take the Falklands back? Aren't you interested in a rematch?
Our military is shit. Only good for poor people repression.
Also I dont think Falklands are so strategic or interesting TBH. It would be cool to have a couple of small islands.. but wont change anything.
Also Macri (our pres) loves to suck some foreigns cocks so not.

1. How’s Hitler doing?

2. Did you feel any embarrassment or shame over incident where your countrymen ran the Top Gear guys out of the country during their Patagonia special? I certainly was disappointed in that they had to cut their adventure short in what was shaping up to be imo their best special or episode ever.
Pretty sure Hitler is dead or old as fuck.

I never saw that episode but for what I heard someone try to troll and it was pretty lame.
Falklans is a pretty open wound here.. you dont mess with that specially if you are an english. You need to have some respect and empathy.
And no.. "H982-FKL" as a plaque for a vehicle wasnt unintentional. Top Gear crew might have not been responsible but someone was.

Food is amazing. Best meat in the world.
The treat the foreigner pretty well.
And shit.. you could spend 3 months traveling the country and would not be out of things to do.
Also is cheap.

Are they hot girls? If that is the case probably dont.

Not common, not THAT uncommon. Specially in the big cities.
Dont pull shit with the Falklands and you will be fine. People is still salty over that.

Our military is shit. Only good for poor people repression.
Also I dont think Falklands are so strategic or interesting TBH. It would be cool to have a couple of small islands.. but wont change anything.
Also Macri (our pres) loves to suck some foreigns cocks so not.

Pretty sure Hitler is dead or old as fuck.

I never saw that episode but for what I heard someone try to troll and it was pretty lame.
Falklans is a pretty open wound here.. you dont mess with that specially if you are an english. You need to have some respect and empathy.
And no.. "H982-FKL" as a plaque for a vehicle wasnt unintentional. Top Gear crew might have not been responsible but someone was.

The registry office confirmed that had been the Porsche’s license plate since 1991... so that’s really playing the long game if it was intentional.

In any event I take your answer to be “no” that you’re not embarrassed over the actions of the mob? In that case, I take it that the stereotype of Latin Americans being emotional hotheads is true? Because imo even if it was an intentional jab about the Falklands I don’t think it justifies attacking a film crew.

The registry office confirmed that had been the Porsche’s license plate since 1991... so that’s really playing the long game if it was intentional.

In any event I take your answer to be “no” that you’re not embarrassed over the actions of the mob? In that case, I take it that the stereotype of Latin Americans being emotional hotheads is true? Because imo even if it was an intentional jab about the Falklands I don’t think it justifies attacking a film crew.
As I said.. Falklands is super sensitive here. You have to grow up here to realize how deep is that. It is super deep for a lot of people. Take into consideration that a lot of young men here died in that stupid conflict. They were 18 years old kids withouth any military experience, who went there, starved, frozen and got killed. Is super painfull for a lot of people.

BTW.. I dont agree with people bullying a couple of english guys for that, if that means something to you. And I think most people agrees with me. But is like always... a roughly minority always taint the rest of us.

To new generations like mine actually don't care at all about Falklands (strategies/tactis of a facto government at that time).
It's pretty weird because every time some foreign guy heard "Argentina" he tries to use Falklands as an offensive joke and we are like:
<Huh2>

First world problems are not our thing, we have waaay bigger problems to worry about.

Props to TS, he is on point on every answer.

The Falklands will always be an open wound in Argentina because it is useful for it to be. Whenever incompetent Argentinean politicians fuck up their economy with naive, short sighted policies and need a distraction they'll manufacture some stunt regarding 'Las Malvinas' to distract from the bad job they are doing. South America is infested with this kind of 'blame the foreigner' politics, it was very common in Brazil when I lived there a few years back.

Anyway here's the question, as an American I'm probably slightly biased towards the Brits here but having read up on the history of the Falklands it seems like Argentina's claim to it is really, really flimsy. How can you claim to own island sthat were colonised by Brit settlers before your country was even independent from Spain?

People dont think about nazis here. The neonazis are a super small group and is not taken serious. They are ridiculized. Not a threat at all and not a growing group.
Germans are well seen here. Not a real stigma. Maybe you can joke about it but we love some german cars.
Peronist are everywhere but they dont even know what they are. Not nazis tho.

Patagonia is every bit as beautiful as you see on google images. And it might has been affected by tourism in the bigger cities like Bariloche but is so big that you have an insane amount of natural places to go.
Is expensive so it does not attract much of the type of tourism that trashes everthing.

Medicinally Im pretty sure its illegal. The consumption is not penalized and you can have a plant of two I think.
A couple of mothers who cultivate for their (and others) disable childs had legal troubles and there is a huge movement rejecting the police/government for pulling that shit.
Everybody smokes here, few people goes to jail because of marihuana.
It is becoming more and more accepted. We grew up on a "drugs are bad" culture but is changing. If you dont smoke (like me, well, once or twice at year) you dont have problems with people who does.
This good to know

I met an Argentinian man a few years ago, nice enough dude. During our conversation he mentioned there were no black people in his country like there is in Brazil. I asked him why, he responded by saying the people will kill them. I was like <{MindBrown}>.
Can you please speak on this?
Thanks

What's it like living and training in Thailand?

(you did say ask me anything so . . . I did).

Tell me about the women... Every time I've met an Argentinian woman she was one the hottest chicks I've seen in my life.

Hey guys. Informative thread if you want to.

I´m from this strange country that for my surprise a lot of foreign people are insterested in (I love to travel and I have met a lot of people here from Europe saying it was their dream to come to Argentina and Im like WTF?).

Ask me anything you want to know.
I just wanted to add that Argentinians were not that beloved in NYC (particularly among other Latinos) but that terrorist attack 2 years ago changed public perception. Five close friends celebrating the 30th anniversary of their graduation all killed by one madman.

How was that event reported in your country?

I met an Argentinian man a few years ago, nice enough dude. During our conversation he mentioned there were no black people in his country like there is in Brazil. I asked him why, he responded by saying the people will kill them. I was like <{MindBrown}>.
Can you please speak on this?
Thanks
I dont know much about history but there were never a lot of black people here.
Now you can see more people from Africa coming here (I think mainly from Senegal but Im not sure). We are cool with them... no problem. They usually sell cloths and things on the street.
One day an old lady started insulting a black/african dude in the street and someone filmed it and went viral. People was really mad at that old lady... I thought it was cool to see racism towars black people is not a thing here (it is against natives tho).

Tell me about the women... Every time I've met an Argentinian woman she was one the hottest chicks I've seen in my life.
I posted about women a while ago. Look it up and if you want more info I can expand. And yes.. a lot of them are hot!

I just wanted to add that Argentinians were not that beloved in NYC (particularly among other Latinos) but that terrorist attack 2 years ago changed public perception. Five close friends celebrating the 30th anniversary of their graduation all killed by one madman.

How was that event reported in your country?
There was some buzz but nothing too big.
Being argentinians adds to the breaking news, but the public perception was no different than (for example) the thing that happened in New Zealand a couple of weeks ago. Here people usually feels bad for the victims and their families.

Edit: But it adds to the general consensus that you guys have too many guns and crazy guys in USA. You know.. for the shooting and stuff. Here most people reject guns.

There was some buzz but nothing too big.
Being argentinians adds to the breaking news, but the public perception was no different than (for example) the thing that happened in New Zealand a couple of weeks ago. Here people usually feels bad for the victims and their families.

Edit: But it adds to the general consensus that you guys have too many guns and crazy guys in USA. You know.. for the shooting and stuff. Here most people reject guns.
it wasn't a gun in this case- the guy rented a truck.
p05lnws7.jpg

Hey guys. Informative thread if you want to.

I´m from this strange country that for my surprise a lot of foreign people are insterested in (I love to travel and I have met a lot of people here from Europe saying it was their dream to come to Argentina and Im like WTF?).

Ask me anything you want to know.

Wife works with a lot of kids in accounting from Buenos Aires and they are so chill like, super friendly but also super relaxed about getting shit done on time. I can appreciate that, nobody wants to deal with American work ethics (beacuse why would they), so I guess my question is, is it the general rule? Are people just totally chill across all Argentina? Can I move? Do I need knives?

Will you or will you not cry for me?

I think the correct question is "why should it not be crying for" you/me/us, and it should be leveled not at Argentina, as it is Argentina being asked not to cry for you/me/us, but at ourselves. So not at this bloke.

There, I took all the fun out of this. You're welcome.

What is the delay in taking back your land? The Falkland islands.

Back