I´m from Argentina. Ask me anything

Damn you bring el Zorro?

I'm pretty sure they must still broadcast El Zorro daily. If not, it stopped only a few years ago. He is SUPER well known and is something everybody watched growing up.

Spanish? We are cool with them. There was this misconception about all of them being dumbs (there are thousands of "gallego jokes" in which the punchline has to do with them being dumb) but people here truly love Spain. Anybody who can get a passport and migrate there legally will do it.

That is AWESOME! I am Canadian and I know for a fact there are Zorro fans up in yellowknife.
In yellowknife the sky looks like this because it is at the top of the world, this is what Earths magnetic field looks like:

17Northern-Lights1-superJumbo.jpg

So this means that from the bottom to the top of the world there are Zorro fans! That's sweet. I doubt he's popular outside the Americas but I dunno

Does Argentina have any cool phenomenon related to its geography?

Cry for me?
Yeah. But can I cry for you and for a lost long love at the same time? I gotta wake up early in the morning and don't have time for both.

That is AWESOME! I am Canadian and I know for a fact there are Zorro fans up in yellowknife.
In yellowknife the sky looks like this because it is at the top of the world, this is what Earths magnetic field looks like:

17Northern-Lights1-superJumbo.jpg

So this means that from the bottom to the top of the world there are Zorro fans! That's sweet. I doubt he's popular outside the Americas but I dunno

Does Argentina have any cool phenomenon related to its geography?
El Zorro is a classic here!

Argentina does not have that phenomenon since despite having the southest city in the world (Ushuaia, I'm going there next month and could not be more excited).

Canada is one of those places I want to go. Damn, it looks like an awesome place to live.

Do you guys really pride yourselves on speaking the most proper form of Spanish or am I completely making that up?

I have never tasted a BBQ like that but Argentina is known by its meat.

First of all we don't cook with fire directly but with coal or firewood. It takes a couple of hours to make a good "asado".
That would include a lot of different cuts of meat and even a special type of cheese (not in the picture).

937x553_293883_20161011111808.jpg

I'm kind of sick today but damn I want to eat asado today.

That looks delicious.

giphy.gif

Do you guys really pride yourselves on speaking the most proper form of Spanish or am I completely making that up?
LOL you are making that up.

We (and Uruguay) talk quite different than everyone.
For example, everybody uses "tu" for "you" while we use "vos". is not only that but the conjugation of almost every verb changes with that. We also pronounce "LL" as "Shh".. while everybody else pronounces like "i".

I love argentinian accent tbf. It's between ours and Spain for me. I don't like how they speak in other latin countries (chile get a pass).

LOL you are making that up.

We (and Uruguay) talk quite different than everyone.
For example, everybody uses "tu" for "you" while we use "vos". is not only that but the conjugation of almost every verb changes with that. We also pronounce "LL" as "Shh".. while everybody else pronounces like "i".

I love argentinian accent tbf. It's between ours and Spain for me. I don't like how they speak in other latin countries (chile get a pass).

To be fair, there are a few accents in Argentina. Lunfardo is the slang with portenos. The Córdoba accent always cracks me up, it just stands out on its own.

To be fair, there are a few accents in Argentina. Lunfardo is the slang with portenos. The Córdoba accent always cracks me up, it just stands out on its own.
Cordobes is not an accent... is another fucking language. IDK how the hell that happened.

La Cumbrecita, can you tell me anything about this place. Looks interesting.

La Cumbrecita, can you tell me anything about this place. Looks interesting.
Nice small town in Cordoba. One of manys. Cordoba is a beautiful province.

Eu sou Brasileiro.
Porque vcs odeiam a gente?:(
We love Brazilian people. That is why we always go on vacations there.

Except when there is a soccer world cup lol.

Hey guys. Informative thread if you want to.

I´m from this strange country that for my surprise a lot of foreign people are insterested in (I love to travel and I have met a lot of people here from Europe saying it was their dream to come to Argentina and Im like WTF?).

Ask me anything you want to know.
Are visas required to enter Argentina?

Back