Hyun Gyu Lim - "I never even dreamed that I would miss weight."

Whatever countryman then. I'm sure Anthony Johnson never had these problems in his entire College Wrestling and MMA career till he made it to the UFC. Like I said he's staying at WW and I wish him the best. However I believe he would be healthier at MW. Eventually when your that big your body will shut down. That's why guys like Benson, Aldo, and Jones joke about moving up a weight class.

I agree. There are pictures floating around with Lim standing next to DHK & he's def a bigger guy. I think he could fight at 185 & really grow into the weight class as an all out beast. Only problem is Dongi Yang fought at 185 & that actually IS his KTT teammate.

it'll be harder for him to make the weight as he gets older.

I agree. There are pictures floating around with Lim standing next to DHK & he's def a bigger guy. I think he could fight at 185 & really grow into the weight class as an all out beast. Only problem is Dongi Yang fought at 185 & that actually IS his KTT teammate.

Well Lim wouldn't have to worry about that. Dongi Yang is back on the regional circuit.

If he had done the height cur properly, he woudn't have weight problems.

Well Lim wouldn't have to worry about that. Dongi Yang is back on the regional circuit.

true but I wouldn't be surprised if Dongi comes back. he had all the skill just couldn't put it together. and the judging didn't help either

I'm really looking forward to his debut. It sort of works out because I think Guimares is a better opponent for his debut anyways. Plus he's still fighting in Asia, so I expect a strong performance.

11092201.jpg

Not a huge difference but, yes, Lim is bigger and it's no surprise it takes him quite an effort to make weight. IMO, like many have said before, if he's struggling MW could be a good option.

His walkaround weight is about 95kg right? DHK is around 88-90kg from what I have read.

I didn't know the reason he was pulled from that fight was because he didn't make weight

11092201.jpg

Not a huge difference but, yes, Lim is bigger and it's no surprise it takes him quite an effort to make weight. IMO, like many have said before, if he's struggling MW could be a good option.

His walkaround weight is about 95kg right? DHK is around 88-90kg from what I have read.

Lim looks gigantic in that picture. but like i said before that was probably the main reason he missed weight, got a bit too greedy and was trying to rebound too much for fight day.

If the reported walk-around weight of 90kg is accurate, I think he can make WW. But if it's really 95kg, I think the cut will always be a problem.

He'd be pretty big even at MW!

i cant wait to see Lim vs Rory/gunnar/erik Silva . gonna be fun.

Yeah, whatever bro, just make the weight and i hope you worth the hype.

Pretty much this. Just like Hector and his sternum all of a sudden with a poor performance v a striker.

Lim's walk around weight is usually around 91kg.

Who is this guy again? I guess I eat the Zuffa hype up so easily I really don't pay much attention to outside prospects even though I know I should.

People hyped him up so much, I looked forward to seeing him fight.

Who is this guy again? I guess I eat the Zuffa hype up so easily I really don't pay much attention to outside prospects even though I know I should.

Korean knockout artist. 6'0"+ tall with an 82" inch reach.

Korean knockout artist. 6'0"+ tall with an 82" inch reach.

I've seen the 82 inch reach thing thrown around alot considering Lim, and while his wingspan is obviously massive, Lim's manager himself has stated that the number stands at 79 inches instead of 82.

Source: http://www.mfight.co.kr/news/news_v...board_news&page=1&number=24051&keyfield=&key=

It's in Korean though. Here's a brief translation of the article: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/ne...iew-i-would-love-fight-carlos-condit-2178963/

Back