Hypothetically speaking, what would have happened if Silva vs. Bisping took place in the year 2008?

Bisping couldn't even get close to a shot, like they weren't in different organisations, Silva was demolishing the elites of the division to the point where anyone could get a shot but Bisping still couldn't get that one good win. Not even close!

Obviously we all know that in any sport no one will win 100% of the time, but Bisping in 2008 was a promising but pretty raw fighter whilst Anderson was a drug addict rattling off illegal prescriptions quickly. They were just in completely different pharmacies.

Bisping wasn't in consideration for a title shot then. In fact, he has never been. Short notice chance paid off well.

It was a bit of a surprise that after years of repping the guy on here the first response I got after he won the title was someone bumping a perceived negativity I wrote..

Seeing as how Michael Bisping is currently busy healing his knuckles from the hellacious thrashing that they suffered on the chin of Luke Rockhold, I want to ask you another question about him.

How many title defences do you think Michael will have as the UFC Middleweight World Champion? Yes, I am asking you a serious question.

Would have been a better opponent than Cote, that's for sure.

I think Silva would have won - Bisping has gotten better and more crafty in the following years, where as Silva has peaked and started to decline

Bisping wasn't in consideration for a title shot then. In fact, he has never been. Short notice chance paid off well.

What do you think about Brock Lesnar receiving a title shot and then winning the UFC Heavyweight World Championship?

What do you think about Chael Sonnen receiving a title shot for the UFC Light Heavyweight World Championship?

What do you think about Chael Sonnen receiving TWO title shots for the UFC Middleweight World Championship?

What do you think about Brock Lesnar receiving a title shot and then winning the UFC Heavyweight World Championship?

What do you think about Chael Sonnen receiving a title shot for the UFC Light Heavyweight World Championship?

What do you think about Chael Sonnen receiving TWO title shots for the UFC Middleweight World Championship?

I think none of those things should have happened, and that Brock was a farcical champion having beaten a guy several other more deserving heavyweights would have beaten, too, and without dwarfing Randy by 65 or more pounds at that.

Chael should never have been able to fight Anderson the first time because he told the commission that he would not be passing his drug test. Clearly, the guy has a good relationship with Zuffa to have been thrown the bones he has. Unintentional but fitting pun.

The rematch shouldn't have taken place because he lost while cheating, but it was good money for Anderson.

It's pretty simple - Anderson's style changed noticably from the Cote fight onward, from an energetic, high-paced style balanced equally between aggression and counter-fighting to a more measured style with far more emphasis on counter-fighting and clowning.

This suggests very strongly that at 33 Anderson no longer felt physically capable of the high-output game of his earlier run, so evolved to a more efficient style which involved gamesmanship as a way to control the pace.

As to the question, I'm not sure how The Count would have handled Anderson's game back then. As Bisping himself said, it's only in the last little while he feels he's made the mental strides he needed to beat the best.

I suppose you are correct when you say that he did not seem as "energetic" in UFC 90 as he did in all of the previous events that he competed in.

However, Anderson Silva is still a cheater.

bdFLUGk.gif
I'm really disappointed this wasn't the first response.

I think none of those things should have happened, and that Brock was a farcical champion having beaten a guy several other more deserving heavyweights would have beaten, too, and without dwarfing Randy by 65 or more pounds at that.

How was Brock Lesnar a farcical champion? He had two title defences of the UFC Heavyweight World Championship.

There have been many UFC World Champions that had zero title defences during their reigns. It seems that the Heavyweight division always has a brand new champion every 4-10 months but that has happened in many of the other divisions as well.

Depends if Anderson was roiding or not. Also Bisping really, really, really, really wanted to win that fight, so he probably would've turned up sharp. Based on what I've seen of past-Michael, I think Anderson Silva would have knocked him out, but given the steroid factor and not knowing how sharp Bisping would have turned up, it's hard to say...

But likely Bisping gets sparked.

Back