Hypothetical question about transitive fats

bobthebuilder

Special Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
We all know they are bad. But consider the following:

Person A: from age 10 onwards, this person consumes X amount of transitive fat per day.

Person B: from age 10 to 35, this person has a wholesome diet with no transitive fat, then from age 35 onwards he consumes X amount of transitive fat per day.

Who has the highest life expectancy? Person A eats transitive fats for a longer period. But he also ate them as a kid and perhaps his body got used to dealing with them. Person B eats less transitive fats in his lifetime, but starts later on at age 35 when his body has already adapted to a more healthy lifestyle.

If a person quits smoking at age 65, does it increase or decrease their life expectancy?

what is a transitive fat?

It's a fat that has a direct subject, and at least one object.

You cannot really answer that although evidence points to atherosclerosis beginning in early childhood which can certainly be accelerated by a diet in high trans-fatty acids. There are too many variables including genetic differences between individuals and how they are able to clear harmful lipids from their bloodstream to determine life expectancy based on one variable. That is the simple answer.

Would advise against a diet high in trans-fatty acids at any age.

I just cringe at the thought of what was in my lunch as a kid in the early 90's.

Handy snacks
Tastykakes
Dunkaroos
Cookies
Chips
Fruit Roll-ups
Peanut butter anything
etc.

Ugh. I wish I knew then what I know now. But, I guess that's part of being a kid in the 90's.

It's a fat that has a direct subject, and at least one object.

Ha! I'm stealing this one.

P.S. - I'd worry far more about gluconate binders, or glucose-based preservatives in food than trans-fats. Sure trans-fats suck by chemical structure, but the converse sucks worse. HFCF now has TV commercials. And it's being re-branded as "corn sugar" to make it sound less Frankenstein-ish. No bueno.

Back