Hypothetical Proposition: To Love Or Not...

I know Frankl's work quite well.
There is an issue with what he has presented, not in the theory or logic, but in the practicality. There are moments where one has to fight competing narratives to interpret a feeling (especially suffering). This is always my biggest problem... what kind of narrative that I write to really give my suffering meaning outside of chaos or nihilism? I could perhaps interpret it my suffering through something as absurdity, but this requires an a priori/pre-required assumption that the universe as its happenings are ordered enough that suffering like this isn't part of its original condition.
All this is to say.... how one writes the narrative of meaning is fucking difficult.

It's because you feel like every other simpleton when you feel compelled to create meaning for your misfortune. It's kind of a strange catch 22 with existentialism.

You're supposed to be oh so post-post-post-modern that you don't need meaning, you're too educated for that, you're more advanced, more civil, above all these retards who write every stupid thing that happens to them as being "meant to happen for a reason".

But we really aren't because in the end we have to really believe our own narrative. You can't escape the compulsion towards idealism.

Back