Hypothetical Proposition: To Love Or Not...

Genki Sudo II

Blue Steel Ferrari Le Tigre They're The Same Face!
Banned
Reaction score
If you were guaranteed FOR ONE YEAR to have the most intense, ethereal love from the woman of your dreams, owner of your undying love, etc. by some Wishmaster or whatever but the caveat is that the rest of your relationships for the rest of your days consist of impersonal sex and of the platonic kind because you have lost the ability to love anyone else.

Or would you take your chances like the rest of the hapless chaps in this cold, cynical world where pure true love is equivalent to the Great White Buffalo (Hot Tub Time Machine)?

Edit: Scrap the whole stupid priest thing with the charity work caveat.

Last edited:
I'd take my chances. Screw predetermination.

[YT]NTAzcTZTY1g[/YT]

just finished this movie -- not sure how i liked it but i had high expectations after The Tree of Life.

meh, ecstasy is cheap. I say no.

[YT]NTAzcTZTY1g[/YT]

just finished this movie -- not sure how i liked it but i had high expectations after The Tree of Life.

I still have to watch that though.

He did do the best war film ever in Thin Red Line... Way more captivating then the Saving Private Ryan.

meh, ecstasy is cheap. I say no.

You do know your emotions on E are artificial and not indicative of your true self/nature right?

This love embodies/appeals to your best nature with natural serotonin release. That's the whole point of it all isn't it.

I have to say that is typical contemporary cynicism we have here.

ichooselove_artwork-square-1.jpg

I'll pass on that hot action. After experiencing such pleasure for a year I'd be in hell the rest of my life trying to recreate it. Taking this offer would amount to making a deal with the devil.

Faust's arrangement is that if he is pleased enough with anything the devil gives him that he wants to stay in that moment forever, then he will die in that moment.

I fried my frontal lobe with alcohol during the 2000s so after getting sober I spent the first part of this decade with temporary brain damage which included loss of dopamine-secreting neurons in my brain. I basically lost the ability to feel pleasure as I waited for my brain to repair itself over time.

Now that that I'm starting to experience pleasure again I'm honestly thinking I'd rather not have my dopamine neurons. Pleasure is overrated, it is for me at least. I felt a sense of relief when I knew I was biologically incapable of having it. As dumb as it sounds I tend to feel such great pressure to do anything to hold onto a feeling of pleasure and not let it escape that I'm not even able to let myself enjoy it for what it is when it is.

In those first years after getting clean, the loss of pleasure in life was replaced with an appreciation of life. Rather than take pleasure in people and things I would appreciate people and things. Appreciation is a satisfying feeling, and it accumulates and leads to fulfillment over time. Pleasure, in my experience, is an addicting feeling that is fleeting and leaves you empty over time.

I'm beginning to notice that life made much more sense to me and had greater meaning when I was knowingly unable to experience pleasure.

I'll pass on that hot action. After experiencing such pleasure for a year I'd be in hell the rest of my life trying to recreate it. Taking this offer would amount to making a deal with the devil.

I fried my frontal lobe with alcohol during the 2000s so after getting sober I spent the first part of this decade with temporary brain damage which included loss of dopamine-secreting neurons in my brain. I basically lost the ability to feel pleasure as I waited for my brain to repair itself over time.

Now that that I'm starting to experience pleasure again I'm honestly thinking I'd rather not have my dopamine neurons. Pleasure is overrated, it is for me at least. I felt a sense of relief when I knew I was biologically incapable of having it. As dumb as it sounds I tend to feel such great pressure to do anything to hold onto a feeling of pleasure and not let it escape that I'm not even able to let myself enjoy it for what it is when it is.

In those first years after getting clean, the loss of pleasure in life was replaced with an appreciation of life. Rather than take pleasure in people and things I would appreciate people and things. Appreciation is a satisfying feeling, and it accumulates and leads to fulfillment over time. Pleasure, in my experience, is an addicting feeling that is fleeting and leaves you empty over time.

I'm beginning to notice that life made much more sense to me and had greater meaning when I was knowingly unable to experience pleasure.

It might take me awhile to actually grasp that notion, especially when I'm not you.

Although, intrinsically, feeling appreciation for things is a form of pleasure.

Last edited:
What am I missing? Why can't you have "true love" for 1 year without bothering the wizard?

Plus all this "intense, ethereal" sounds kinda clingy. I am sorry to question the premise of your thread, but I am genuinely confused here.

i'm gonna say no just cause i dont want to be a priest. thats a lot like asking me to kick babies and puppies all day long.

Then I'm even more confused. But if you're asking what I think you're asking, I think you're in for a very pleasant surprise.

Then I'm even more confused. But if you're asking what I think you're asking, I think you're in for a very pleasant surprise.

I'm afraid to ask now, yet... shoot...

Last edited:
Back