Hypothetical Olympic grapplers match

theranch

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Teddy riner vs bilyal mahkov under submission only rules who wins and how?

I will always pick the guy who has competed in a rule set that actually allows submissions in this type of fantasy match up, unless it's just a total miss match. So obviously I'm picking Riner here.

Ridiculous to match both guys, becarse under subgrappling rules, the match will have to be either with or without gi. No gi, the wrestler will prevail, an Olympic judoka is a very high specialized type of grappler, and so is the wrestler, Both train to win under their type of rules... Give them some time to prepare for subgrappling rules, things might be different, as now, Eddie Cummings heel hooks them both :)

Ridiculous to match both guys, becarse under subgrappling rules, the match will have to be either with or without gi. No gi, the wrestler will prevail, an Olympic judoka is a very high specialized type of grappler, and so is the wrestler, Both train to win under their type of rules... Give them some time to prepare for subgrappling rules, things might be different, as now, Eddie Cummings heel hooks them both :)
Thats a fair assessment obviously its not a particularly serious question. personally i think makhov would probably win without a gi and riner in one. You think cummings would be able to handle the size difference?

Thats a fair assessment obviously its not a particularly serious question. personally i think makhov would probably win without a gi and riner in one. You think cummings would be able to handle the size difference?

If both guys walk straight up vs Cummings with no preparation for Eddie, yes. I actually said that as a joke, but if you think about it, Eddie will sit on his as get somehow to ashi and hh them... It's quite hard to avoid that position if you are not used to defend it, not to mention neither of those guys have ever had to deal with a hh, so they might feel their knee is about to explode.

How do you see Mahkov Submitting Riner? Just wearing him out to the point that anything would work, or do you thin Mahkov had developed the submission skills necessary to force someone like Riner to surrender?

Kurt Angle via Angle Lock

Riner by actually trainning submissions for years.

Let them do one round in gi and one round without. Riner win easily by submission in gi and Makhov could maybe get a draw in no-gi. Not probable at all that Makhov would submit Riner; gi or no-gi...

Today an olympic wrestler can compete also with submissions and full contact striking because there are Grappling and Pankration : two forms of international wrestling styles under United World Wrestling.

Today an olympic wrestler can compete also with submissions and full contact striking because there are Grappling and Pankration : two forms of international wrestling styles under United World Wrestling.
Sure, but has Mahkov competed under those rules?

How do you see Mahkov Submitting Riner? Just wearing him out to the point that anything would work, or do you thin Mahkov had developed the submission skills necessary to force someone like Riner to surrender?

I dont think he will sub riner, but a RNC isnt out of this world.

Back