Hypothetical - Naseem Hamed vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux

I'm sick of talking about this fight. Draw or close fight isn't sensible.

Floyd vs Canelo.
If you want to talk Hagler vs Leonard I'm happy to.

Never bought the hype with Hamed, and that's what he was hype.

Rigo boxes him up nicely.

I think Rigondeaux beats him decisively. He is a very bad matchup for the Prince. Naseem is a threat to most fighters 126 and under in history because of his insane physical abilities, but someone who makes as few mistakes as Rigo would be a very difficult proposition for someone with Naseem's style (as Hamed was a fighter that primarily tried to capitalize off of his opponents getting overzealous). Clear decision win for Rigondeaux, I think. One always has to be wary of Naseem's power, but Rigondeaux just schooled a similarly dynamic puncher.

Well two of the judges no one is bitching about did.

Because they're too busy complaining about the other judge who was just worse. But no, it's not true that no one is complaining about the scores.

Here's an excerpt from the ring magazine weeked review:

"Boxing is a subjective sport. People see different things when they watch a fight. But 114-114 for Mayweather’s demolition of Alvarez? That score is what promoter Richard Schaefer called it: “disgraceful.” I scored it 120-108. I could see 119-109. Maybe Alvarez won the 12th round. I believe the other two scores – Dave Moretti’s 116-112 and Craig Metcalfe’s 117-111 – are absurd. 114-114 is a crime. "

And it's just an exemple, it's been widely discussed that the scoring that night, in general, was terrible. And not just in the main fight. But yeah, that 114-114 card got most of the attention because it was the worst.

biggest fight of the year and it has some horrible scoring,luckily no one got fucking screwed

Hamed was the MAN brother

if Barrera is the guy that has to take you down,there are worse fucking guys

Because they're too busy complaining about the other judge who was just worse. But no, it's not true that no one is complaining about the scores.

Here's an excerpt from the ring magazine weeked review:

And it's just an exemple, it's been widely discussed that the scoring that night, in general, was terrible. And not just in the main fight. But yeah, that 114-114 card got most of the attention because it was the worst.

I think those two scores are fine, and in my mind my opinion counts the most. The sports media has their own agenda just like the fighter, promoters, judges, etc.

P.S. Apologies for momentarily hijacking the thread topic.

Rigo doesn't have the size advantage Barrera had

Hamed wins decisively

I love Prince Naseem, but he has no chance here...

I gotta disagree, whilst I favour Rigo, Hamed was far more than hype.

Why was he better then hype though? He had power and was flashy, he got humilated in the biggest and only fight of that caliber that he ever had.

MAB, beat him pillar to post using the basics.

Why is he rubbished for one fight? Barrera was better. He was better than almost anyone else you can name at that weight. It is infuriating that people trash Hamed for losing to him.

Rigo has some holes that have yet to be exploited and maybe never will. If he can adjust his game then that will speak volumes on his skill. I give Rigo the edge

but the more I think of it Hamed has a great chance to catch rigo. He has been caught before and with hamed being so awkward he could catch Rigo.

Rigo doesnt fight like barrera either. I dont think you can use that fight to compare these two fighters.

I'd say Rigo by decision

but Naz's punching power was unreal, Rigo's chin isn't that strong, he took one punch like that he'd be out

IDK how to call this one

Why is he rubbished for one fight? Barrera was better. He was better than almost anyone else you can name at that weight. It is infuriating that people trash Hamed for losing to him.

He was the only A level guy Hamed fought, Can we agree on that?

The best way IMO to judge a fighter is based on their level of opposition; and how well they fared. Nas had one fight with a top guy and got humiliated, the fight was not competitive whatsoever. For for me to sit here and judge him against potentially the greatest amateur of all time, and a pro with very soild A list wins(especially for the amount of pro fights he's had) for me at least Nas comes up wanting, big time.

Nas didn't face one top guy. He was a lineal champ who unified.

Back