Hypothetical Matchup: Henry Cejudo vs Kyoji Horiguchi

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Who wins and how?

I like this matchup right now, especially now that Cejudo has developed a nice striking style (not as effective as Horiguchi's) and has the belt now. Both fighters had a first chance and got dominated, but only Cejudo fought his way back up and passed the test.

I would pick Horiguchi here, his takedown defense is great and his striking is everything that Cejudo wants his style to be; eg, Horiguchi is quicker, better at closing distance and strikes harder imo.

What say you, sherbros?

I got Kyoji. His wrestling defense improved a lot since he moved to ATT, and I think he's the better striker and certainly the more powerful striker.

Gucci needs to come back and become first Nippon UFC champion. Then UFC can find a half decent Chinese flyweight, feed him a couple of cans to build him up as contender, then finally setup Gucci vs. Chinaman at Beijing National stadium and bill it as UFC 245 Revenge for Nanking.

we need guchi back in the ufc asap now that the division is wide open.

Gucci needs to come back and become first Nippon UFC champion. Then UFC can find a half decent Chinese flyweight, feed him a couple of cans to build him up as contender, then finally setup Gucci vs. Chinaman at Beijing National stadium and bill it as UFC 245 Revenge for Nanking.
Lol, nice idea. I don't know any Japanese fighter who has the potential to become the champion right now. Well, at least not a fighter that is signed. Inoue lost not too long ago, he was a prospect. Now, who else?

But no, better idea.. Japan vs China for the UFC belt in Taipei! Winner keeps Taipei and has revenge for Nanking lol.

Lol, nice idea. I don't know any Japanese fighter who has the potential to become the champion right now. Well, at least not a fighter that is signed. Inoue lost not too long ago, he was a prospect. Now, who else?

But no, better idea.. Japan vs China for the UFC belt in Taipei! Winner keeps Taipei and has revenge for Nanking lol.

Problem with this plan is that Gucci is too good to lose to any Chinese flyweight, and if a fucking Japanese wins in a fight billed as "revenge for Nanking" you can kiss the future of UFC in China goodbye, so for the greater good, Gucci must take the fall. He either needs to be bought, or if he refuses, drugged. There are no other options. This is a fight the Chinese cannot afford to lose.

Problem with this plan is that Gucci is too good to lose to any Chinese flyweight, and if a fucking Japanese wins in a fight billed as "revenge for Nanking" you can kiss the future of UFC in China goodbye, so for the greater good, Gucci must take the fall. He either needs to be bought, or if he refuses, drugged. There are no other options. This is a fight the Chinese cannot afford to lose.

Man you think about this shit way too much

Lmao. The thought of a UFC PPV headlined 'Revenge for Nanking'.... or have the Spanish vs Latinos in a card headlined as 'Aztecs never die' lool. One can only wish... but yeah, Horiguchi is awesome, but he has to take one for the team.

Man you think about this shit way too much

Dude do you have any idea how triggered the Chinese would get if you try to sell them a card as Revenge for Nanking only for the Japanese to come out on top? The Nanking Massacre to the Chinese is like the Holocaust to the Jews. If Gucci won the country would collectively flip and Xi would ban UFC and MMA forever.

Horiguchi could win that, i think i'd favor him a bit.

Gooch would finish him I think by the 3rd or win a pretty clear decision, but it would be a competitive, good fight I think.

Probably Gucci via KO or Cejudo via LNP. I'm leaning towards Gucci via KO since 25 mins is long and Gucci seems to have decent TDD.

Dude do you have any idea how triggered the Chinese would get if you try to sell them a card as Revenge for Nanking only for the Japanese to come out on top? The Nanking Massacre to the Chinese is like the Holocaust to the Jews. If Gucci won the country would collectively flip and Xi would ban UFC and MMA forever.
I am aware of the situation between the two nations bro just think it’s a stretch to bring past political history into an mma match although you are pretty hilarious in general

Better athlete. Better competition. His wrestling alone would make Goochi look like he isn’t on the same level
I agree with that somewhat. He is a better athlete, but not great at covering distance - which you need vs Horiguchi. His wrestling is great though, nobody can deny this. But his top game is not so good. He couldn't really do anything vs DJ but hold him down for a few minutes at a time. Holding down is nice, but DJ managed to get up twice iirc.

I agree with that somewhat. He is a better athlete, but not great at covering distance - which you need vs Horiguchi. His wrestling is great though, nobody can deny this. But his top game is not so good. He couldn't really do anything vs DJ but hold him down for a few minutes at a time. Holding down is nice, but DJ managed to get up twice iirc.
How do you think Horiguchi will do against Joseph Benavidiz?

Who wins and how?

I like this matchup right now, especially now that Cejudo has developed a nice striking style (not as effective as Horiguchi's) and has the belt now. Both fighters had a first chance and got dominated, but only Cejudo fought his way back up and passed the test.

I would pick Horiguchi here, his takedown defense is great and his striking is everything that Cejudo wants his style to be; eg, Horiguchi is quicker, better at closing distance and strikes harder imo.

What say you, sherbros?

I would love that fight,not sure I can think of a fight i'd rather see at FLW besides a MM Cejudo rematch.Lets be realistic though,i'm sure Horiguchi has improved his tdd but it wasn't too long ago he got taken down by Mighty Mouse 14 times and dominated.

Big fan of Horiguchi but Cejudo looked awesome vs Mighty Mouse.Mma math aside I see Cejudo mixing in td's,having Horiguchi hesitant of the td and winning a clear decision similar to MM minus the finish.It's mma though,so who knows.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back