Hypothetical: Lawler vs. Lombard

lildog

A Warrior's Heart
@red
Reaction score
Who do you think would win this exciting match up and why? I think these two will end up fighting sooner rather than later.

I think they have about equal punching power, but Lawler maybe the slightly better striker overall. I think Lombard is the better grappler, but I also think this fight will be fought mostly on the feet...they both have good TDD and ability to get back to their feet.

This may be the best WW brawl ever,Lawler is at a great shape and a mindset I dont think noone can beat Lawler at this point

It still amazes me how the UFC does not even seem to CONSIDER this matchup...I do believe it makes sense at this point, and it would be an absolute barnburner

This may be the best WW brawl ever,Lawler is at a great shape and a mindset I dont think noone can beat Lawler at this point

Agreed. A year ago I'd rather see Lawler/Diaz II but now this fight screams fireworks.

Should've been the fight for the #1 contender.

Give me a second..
gypsey-with-crystal-ball.jpg

I don't think anyone has beaten Lombard, nor do I think anyone will beat Lombard

Lombard is a beast and I pick him over anyone at WW

It would be a great fight for the fans but I don't think the UFC wants to eliminate either guy from title contention.

It would be a great fight for the fans but I don't think the UFC wants to eliminate either guy from title contention.

Could very well see this if the following scenario plays out, that while it's got a lot of moving parts, I think is likely:

Lawler beats Brown then Hendricks for the title.
Lombard beats DHK then Rory/TWood and challenges Lawler.

Lawler wins with a late round TKO.

Depends on the ref and where they fight completely in my opinion.

Certain states have outlawed the pile driver, so Lombard either takes it via DQ after Lawler hits his finisher, or the ref is distracted and misses the illegal move and Lawler gets the W.

Back