HYPOTHETICAL: If Conor beats RDA and then Lawler at 200, is he the GOAT?

What is an accomplishment to you?

Conor beating RDA would be one hell of an accomplishment. Conor then going on to win the WW title would be a significantly greater ACCOMPLISHMENT.

Every fight is a battle, but you have some odd romanticized view on what constitutes a battle. You must be disappointed often. Were you able to appreciate McGregor's wins over Mendes and Aldo?

...and I appreciate you being a catty little bitch.

I respond in kind when people assume my point of view and tell me how I feel.

Your welcome.

Goat goat agrees
images

100% yes. Guy will have then done everything he said he was gonna do, and a fight at 170 would be HUGE. Only way I'd MAYBE say no would be if he won a split decision against RDA. Then realistically an immediate title fight at 170 wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. But if he smokes RDA, definitely.

At this point, Conor's accomplishments aren't much better than Matt Serra's.

To be GOAT, he doesn't need to win the belt in 3 divisions, but he does need to defend A belt a bunch of times (>6?) at the minimum.

Lol. I'm not sure anyone but you and Conor haters that would argue that winning 3 UFC belts, one after the other, in different weight classes is more impressive than 6 title defenses. That right there is GOAT

I highly doubt it. Frankie isn't the type of fighter to really put on stand out performances, regardless of weight class

100% agree that Conor is more flashy but the Maynard 2nd fight and the Mendes fights were pretty impressive. Who knows how he'd look at BW, I'm guessing it would be pretty impressive though.

But then again, I thought Mayweather was standout even though most found him boring.

Lol. I'm not sure anyone but you and Conor haters that would argue that winning 3 UFC belts, one after the other, in different weight classes is more impressive than 6 title defenses. That right there is GOAT
Except like I have said, that would only have been 4 top fighters in his entire career. And he isn't exactly a small lightweight. Welter would be the only really shocking one. It would be one of the GOAT runs, up there with GSPs run to the title, Shoguns GP run and behind Jones and Aldos runs.(unless he keeps winning of course)

Now if he were to defend at Welter against the guys Robbie has, I will be sold, but he needs a few more years of fighting. We have seen talented guys have impressive runs only to lose in a shock to a mediocre bad match up and then fall into a upper tier but not champ anymore category. I mean he could fall into the Machida zone.

Can you really be the GOAT if you've never defended your title?

Him or Jon Jones. If he holds three belts he vaults into the one or two spot.

Even if Conor got the HW belt people here wouldnt give him any credit. It would be impossible not to have him as the GOAT if he wins all 3 straps.

Except like I have said, that would only have been 4 top fighters in his entire career. And he isn't exactly a small lightweight. Welter would be the only really shocking one. It would be one of the GOAT runs, up there with GSPs run to the title, Shoguns GP run and behind Jones and Aldos runs.(unless he keeps winning of course)

Now if he were to defend at Welter against the guys Robbie has, I will be sold, but he needs a few more years of fighting. We have seen talented guys have impressive runs only to lose in a shock to a mediocre bad match up and then fall into a upper tier but not champ anymore category. I mean he could fall into the Machida zone.

It wouldn't be surprising? lol. How the fuck would it not? He isn't going up and beating some top 5 guys, he would be going to 3 weight classes and beating the CHAMPIONS, the pinnacle and most dominant fighters in their divisions. Him going to LW and winning the title there after having most of his success and the bulk of his UFC career at FW would be surprising in itself. That might be a testament to how you are just used to hating on how impressive he is. He could take all the UFC belts and someone like you could claim he hasn't proved anything because he didn't beat the top 5 guy. He could beat everyone in the UFC and you would say he isn't GOAT because he hasn't beaten Bellator champs... lol. Dude would've already proved himself against the CHAMP of the division smh. No point in trying to argue with someone who clearly has bias to discredit a incredible fighter, with a fearless approach to the game. If you were a real fan, you would give respect where respect is due.. clearly that isn't the case here.

Last edited:
If he beats RDA and then lawler he would own the greatest run of all time. Greatest accomplishment. 3 division champ. No one else has done that or will for a while. But GOAT isn't a 4 fight run and him being goat would depend on what happens upon beating Lawler. Lots of big ifs.

It wouldn't be surprising? lol. How the fuck would it not? He isn't going up and beating some top 5 guys, he would be going to 3 weight classes and beating the CHAMPIONS, the pinnacle and most dominant fighters in their divisions. Him going to LW and winning the title there after spending most of his career at FW would be surprising. That might be a testament to how you are just used to hating on how impressive he is. He could take all the UFC belts and someone like you could claim he hasn't proved anything because he didn't beat the top 5 guy. Dude would've already proved himself against the CHAMP of the division smh. No point in trying to argue with someone who clearly has bias to discredit a incredible fighter, with a fearless approach to the game.
Funny, I am hating. I am a Conner fan. I'm just not a retarded Sherdogger. I have seen enough hype machines lose GOAT status after reality hit to know not to judge someones entire legacy off of a 4 fight run. Plus, he is a former lightweight champ, Frankie is smaller and was the UFC lightweight champ. I'm just not drinking the GOAT coolaid. He keeps winning, it won't matter, he will prove himself. But his fans are pretty annoying.

Oh yeah, how did the Machida era turn out after all.

Funny, I am hating. I am a Conner fan. I'm just not a retarded Sherdogger. I have seen enough hype machines lose GOAT status after reality hit to know not to judge someones entire legacy off of a 4 fight run. Plus, he is a former lightweight champ, Frankie is smaller and was the UFC lightweight champ. I'm just not drinking the GOAT coolaid. He keeps winning, it won't matter, he will prove himself. But his fans are pretty annoying.

Oh yeah, how did the Machida era turn out after all.
I'm not sure why you keep trying to compare Conor's climb to the Machida Era? Machida never beat the #1 p4p fighter in the world in 13 seconds. Machida also never challenged for the belt in the weight class above him, immediately after doing so. How is that even similar?

Last edited:
There is a thin line between HYPOTHETICAL and DELUSIONAL. You crossed it.

Back