HYPOTHETICAL: If Conor beats RDA and then Lawler at 200, is he the GOAT?

Less than one calendar year and winning 3 world titles.. That's an accomplishment that would likely stand for a very long time.
Thats goat worthy

Fedor_thumbsdown1.gif
Thread answered. Who actually thinks he could last more than a minute with Lawler?

Yes, He would be the goat in that case.

however his haters could never swallow that, and would continue to move the goal posts further and further every time he achieves anything.

No, he still has to fight Edgar. You can't be a duck and a goat at the same time.

Some kind of reign or longevity is required for GOAT discussion.

Without a doubt, however I don't see that happening.

To defeat Aldo in 13 seconds

To beat RDA who destroyed pettis, cowboy and Benson

To beat Lawler who went to war with Hendricks, MacDonald and condit.

There can be no doubt. Only true haters would more from this man.. With accompishments like that, who gives a shit about fewer fights than the others?

I love all the hype for these flavour of the month type guys as pathetic as it is the UFC has to resort to creating false stars
and manufacturing drama and hype to keep trendies and noobs attention because the reality is they just don't have any real legit stars like Liddell,Fedor,Hughes,Sakuraba etc.

This trend of propping up good/decent fighters like they were the second coming began with Cain I believe and then he got exposed by Werdum a pat it pride fighter from the 2000's then it was Sotiropoulas who was going to be the the lw champion don't hear about him anymore,lets see here I'm sure there was at least a couple more oh right Rousey who was the goat female athlete once in a lifetime greatness was the center of the universe for mma and then gets exposed and isn't talked about anymore and is thinking about quitting,the other one being Sage who is basically just got a beach body and looks like a celebrity is being talked about than guys like Rothwell(on a four fight winning streak),Werdum(way past it and is champion),Rockhold(defeated Weidman),so he ends up fighting Barberena who is at best an undercard fighter for now and taps to an arm triangle that wasn't even on tight.

The point is Coner can be hyped through the roof for the moment,he's overrated and is at least a 155er if not a natural 170er that beat up on fw's to get an easy title and he did to build his brand and it worked good for him but the moment he losses he will be completely forgotten about just like all the other flavours of the month and than a new flavour will come along.The difference between Fedor and Coner is that Fedor is talked about and legendary because of his incredible fights and winning streak against the best of the best where as Coner is is being hyped because of his antics,style and hipness to young trendies but the problem with that is that it has no staying power like fighters Wanderlei.Fedor Couture these type of fighters will be talked about forever because ofthere fights and the Coner's and Sage's of the mma world will not because they are just a gimmick and money maker for the time created for the casuals.

I love all the hype for these flavour of the month type guys as pathetic as it is the UFC has to resort to creating false stars
and manufacturing drama and hype to keep trendies and noobs attention because the reality is they just don't have any real legit stars like Liddell,Fedor,Hughes,Sakuraba etc.

This trend of propping up good/decent fighters like they were the second coming began with Cain I believe and then he got exposed by Werdum a pat it pride fighter from the 2000's then it was Sotiropoulas who was going to be the the lw champion don't hear about him anymore,lets see here I'm sure there was at least a couple more oh right Rousey who was the goat female athlete once in a lifetime greatness was the center of the universe for mma and then gets exposed and isn't talked about anymore and is thinking about quitting,the other one being Sage who is basically just got a beach body and looks like a celebrity is being talked about than guys like Rothwell(on a four fight winning streak),Werdum(way past it and is champion),Rockhold(defeated Weidman),so he ends up fighting Barberena who is at best an undercard fighter for now and taps to an arm triangle that wasn't even on tight.

The point is Coner can be hyped through the roof for the moment,he's overrated and is at least a 155er if not a natural 170er that beat up on fw's to get an easy title and he did to build his brand and it worked good for him but the moment he losses he will be completely forgotten about just like all the other flavours of the month and than a new flavour will come along.The difference between Fedor and Coner is that Fedor is talked about and legendary because of his incredible fights and winning streak against the best of the best where as Coner is is being hyped because of his antics,style and hipness to young trendies but the problem with that is that it has no staying power like fighters Wanderlei.Fedor Couture these type of fighters will be talked about forever because ofthere fights and the Coner's and Sage's of the mma world will not because they are just a gimmick and money maker for the time created for the casuals.

Conor ceased being a gimmick when he knocked out one of the best pound for pound fighters on the planet in 13 seconds.

I love the old guard as much as the next guy but seriously take off the rose colored glasses.

like him or hate him, conor would be goat if he wins three belts.

no, but it would be a feat that would be so remarkable it would deserve its own unique title, separate from, but equal in distinction to GOAT.

It'd be awesome, obviously, but greatness is about a top quality run of victories maintained over time.

Burning brightly for a couple of years is one thing - but ruling for at least twice that is required to be counted among the GSPs, Aldos, Fedors etc.

Anyone counting him out against Lawler is sleeping on him too. He's the same height and has a longer reach and better striking than Hendricks, who arguably beat Robbie twice.

Last edited:
No, you can't be the greatest of ALL TIME being the best only for 8 months (if he won the possible ww title in June).

It'd still be great, but no. 4 fights cannot make you the goat

He'd have a pretty good case.

Would def. be the Manny Pacquiao of our sport- has an entire nation behind him and is a multi-divisional champion.

No, he'd still need more fights to be ahead of Silva, GSP, Fedor and Aldo's legacies
lol why? If he went 8-0 in the UFC and had 3 weight classes belts thats way better then what those guys did. Plus all three of them lost and Jose to Conor! Jose in his prime starched by a Prime Conor. Conor is already better than Jose

I am just hoping he fights Lawler...... That will be fun.

Another hypothetical question would be what happens if he lost the next 3 fights after that, would he still be GOAT? No imo.

Then ask what would happen if AS, Fedor, Jones, or GSP lost their next 3 fights, would they still be the GOATs? Yes imo.

And that my friend is the difference.

Yeah, that would be the biggest accomplishment ever, by any MMA fighter. If he retired after the fight, he would probably be considered GOAT. If he kept fighting for a long time, the rest of his career would still have an impact on his legacy and overall status in my opinion......

Less than one calendar year and winning 3 world titles.. That's an accomplishment that would likely stand for a very long time.
Thats goat worthy

It would be in the discussion for "GOAT accomplishment" but it wouldn't make him the GOAT fighter.

GOATs reign for extended periods of time. They don't just win a few big fights or have a couple of great years.

Back