Hypocritical to LOVE MMA, but hate street fights?

I like streetfights as long as they are fair and even. I wish more matters were settled this way instead of with weapons, talking about people behind their backs, on social media, or bs lawsuits

Remember Jorge Masvidal? He had already beaten Joe Lauzon in a cage and was still running with Kimbo's crew.

You think that was negligent?
Maybe negligent on the part of whoever convinced his opponents to fight him. They were fighting for money, though, so I don't feel bad for them anything like that.

Last edited:
First off, if you like street fighting, God bless. I'm not judging or condemning you.

For me though, it literally...makes me sad watching street fights. I just don't like watching people get hurt.

''Well, Derp! You're on an MMA forum! You potato!'

I know. I bow before The Lord Just Bleed, just like you guys and hopefully the differences between sanctioned competition between two professionals and these fights are obvious...

Carry on.
Love mma
In mma there’s honor people fight like men
Hate street fights it’s juvenile, dangerous as fuck and almost always avoidable
Done both btw

But it does seem strange that something which has been banned for most of the forums lifespan now suddenly has it's own sub-forum. I can understand banning street fighting because it can create an unpleasant association for MMA in the minds of those who don't like our grand sport. I do wonder what led to the decision.

I wonder if it has to do with a drop in new membership sign ups, or overall site usage compared to years past.

I wonder if it has to do with a drop in new membership sign ups, or overall site usage compared to years past.
Site traffic has been steadily rising over the past couple years.

Street fights are just another way to increase that more, considering their popularity in other parts of the net.

You really see people acting out of character in street fighting, whether they are nearby watching or are fighting. It is a rubber-necking activity for sure.

I'll admit, I feel dirty watching it.

No one can tell me UFC is much better. It's all trash entertainment.

I don't like them, since for the most part it ends with cheap shots (as in some random dude coming from behind and clocking a person) or someone being way outnumbered.
Well thats not a "street fight"

Street fights for me can run the whole gamut of feelings. Some are just funny and fairly light-hearted where no one gets hurt (badly) to the more extreme ones which leave you feeling appalled at how bad human beings can be to one another. I'm probably desensitised to a lot of it if I'm honest and just see most of it as entertainment.

There's no denying some street fights are brutal and i rarely get any enjoyment watching them other than the occasional bully getting taught a lesson.

I watch them now basically to study people and situations in case i was ever in a similar predicament.

Back