Hybrid Electric Vehicle - Dangerous EMR?

jmag

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a hybrid mobile. Is the electromagnetic radiation dangerous to health? Is this quote correct? "Direct current passing through a cable or wire or a coil of wire produces no fluctuating electromagnetic field." Thereby no danger? Any experiences of bad stuff by EMR?

Yup the electromagnetic field is so dangerous. Anyone who drives one gets cancer immediately and dies.

Yup the electromagnetic field is so dangerous. Anyone who drives one gets cancer immediately and dies.

I hear that right when they drive it off the lot, they kill over and crash the car into surrounding buildings and cars. Someone should do something about this

TS, this will be your life:

Car_tree_fireball.gif

meh, your microwave has radiation. Do you live by power lines? Do you hold your cell phone up to your ear to talk?

The quote says no FLUCTUATING electromagnetic field. So there's likely a magnetic field. Probably not dangerous, but I doubt anyone here can answer that.

You know the Earth has a massive electromagnetic field right?

Cellphones are considerably more dangerous yet you don't see many complaining all these years? I think sitting in the middle of your old house to is considerably more dangerous "Radon". The way things are today being exposed to the sun is very likely more dangerous. So unless you want to sit in a dark room all day in a brand new house built in a radon free area and never communicate with anyone your pretty safe with a hybrid?:)

Unless you have a pacemaker,you'll be fine.My great aunt and uncle got one, then my great uncle started getting funny feelings in his chest and left arm.They went and watched the video that came with the car,found out pacemaker owners can't ride in it.Took it back less than 48 hours after they bought it,traded it in for a camry. My greant aunt joked with the dealer,saying "you can literally tell the next owner that a little old lady used it just to go to church and back home."

funny thing was,the dealers didn't know about the pacemaker thing,which is kinda scary.

I'd consult some experts about this issue if it is really bothering you..

You live in sea of EMFs- and a regular combustion engine car's ignition produces EM values that are comparable. Plus the earth's EMF is stronger than what you will get from a car (sometimes 3x). Also the DC cables are paired to mitigate the field and the torque box and housing act as a faraday cage to reduce exposure to the field. -The EMF from a DC motor is not even enough of the types to qualify as a non ionizing thermal radiation danger (-Sunlight, radiowaves and microwaves which have the power to agitate the atoms and raise the temperature). UV light is where the danger starts to go past primarily thermal damage. However there is plenty of research that says magnetic fields in of itself do biological damage over time.

Ionizing Radiation is what you should be concerned with (if you want to worry at all) and you are getting bombarded with Alpha, Beta Gamma and Xray particles all day long from the Sun, Cosmic rays, the earth etc. Billions of Cosmic rays penetrate you body every second and can alter your DNA -alot of cancers and other diseases and ailments we might find one day are just caused by radiation from outer space

In fact Coffee cups (or any ceramic is going to be one of the highest sources in your house for radiation) -Even granite counter tops are debated as having too dangerous levels (from the Uranium slowly decaying into Radon then Lead throwing off radiation) -in fact most any alluvial sands/clays are high in radiation.

I have owned a Geigercounter and a gaussmeter (My father was in that field) since I was a kid and have probably tested everything possible out of curiosity. Dryers, Fridges, Juction Panels, and TVS have high EMFs but are not supposed to be placed in the highly occupied living spaces (bedroom, living room) except the TV which is why you are supposed to keep your distance (EMF dissapates at a square of the factor of distance change)

Anyways -I'm only a doctor on Sherdog -but the EMF danger from a car is not a concern.

Your cellphone is WAY WAY more dangerous.

I'd consult some experts about this issue if it is really bothering you..

The experts say they don't know, which is why I consulted sherdog. :icon_lol:

Back