HW vs WW/MW

MyFist

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Dan Henderson was mainly a MW and Fedor a HW. Although this fight was at HW where Dan weight 207 and Fedor 233.
Fedor-Emelianenko-vs-Dan-Henderson-.gif

Melvin was usually a WW or MW at best and Hunt was a HW that wegh about 260 pounds.
Melvin_Manhoef_vs_Mark_Hunt_medium.gif

Now Silva was mainly a MW because he fight at MW the most and Griffin was a former LHW champion who also has fought at HW before too.
silva20knockes20out20griffin20with20a20jab3.gif

Does weight class really matter in close gap weight classes like WW to MW, MW to LHW, and LHW to HW?
Seen like some people think fighter who fight at weight class above always win lower weight class below them.
Like some people think Struve would beat Jones when Jones was the #1 P4P fighter.

Jones would probably KO Struve with his elbow on Struve glass jaw.

Like JDS always think he would beat everyone below HW but I could see Gus would outbox him and beat JDS.

Last edited:
The only point of this thread was to counter the other one wasnt it?
As for the debate, yes it makes a difference. Youve found a few exceptions but theres plenty of examples of bigger guys using their size to bully smaller opponents. Every lesnar fight, most of overeems hw fights, and in fact most of jones fights size played a huge part in

I might be wrong but I believe Hendo's had more fights at LHW than any other weight class.

Dan Henderson was mainly a MW and Fedor a HW.

Both were fighting at HW...

Hendo was on TRT.

And MW in pride was 205lbs.

Calling hendo a mw is fuckin retarded. However people feel about the stoppage, Fedor wasnt turning up at 235 against some career 185 guy.

Dan Henderson was mainly a MW and Fedor a HW. Although this fight was at HW where Dan weight 207 and Fedor 233.

Melvin was usually a WW or MW at best and Hunt was a HW that wegh about 260 pounds.

Now Silva was mainly a MW because he fight at MW the most and Griffin was a former LHW champion who also has fought at HW before too.

Does weight class really matter in close gap weight classes like WW to MW, MW to LHW, and LHW to HW?
Seen like some people think fighter who fight at weight class above always win lower weight class below them.
Like some people think Struve would beat Jones when Jones was the #1 P4P fighter.

Like JDS always think he would beat everyone below HW but I could see Gus would outbox him and beat JDS.

Close gap? the direfence between HW and LHW is between 20 to maybe 40 lbs, between LHW and MW 20 lbs and between MW and WW 15 lbs... I would say close gap division are LW with FW; FW with BW and BW with FlW with 10 lbs difference each

Also this is really really stupid. Forrest was a MW title contender, and Silva has fought on the LHW a couple times.
Hendo was a LHW and Fedor wasnt a huge HW, he was quite small.

Also this is really really stupid. Forrest was a MW title contender, and Silva has fought on the LHW a couple times.
Hendo was a LHW and Fedor wasnt a huge HW, he was quite small.

Forrest never fought middleweight in ufc and certainly wasn't a mw contender.

I'm finally getting the whole sherdog belt system. If u post constantly even though u don't train and certainly don't know shit about fighting u r rewarded with some shertard belt. We r rewarding the crazies people! We must revolt.

The weight class matters less than many people think; when I interviewed Randy Couture in 2004 he pointed out that while weight might determine center of gravity, it comes down to your ability to execute the gameplan.

The weight class matters less than many people think; when I interviewed Randy Couture in 2004 he pointed out that while weight might determine center of gravity, it comes down to your ability to execute the gameplan.

Cool story bra

Agreed.

I'm finally getting the whole sherdog belt system. If u post constantly even though u don't train and certainly don't know shit about fighting u r rewarded with some shertard belt. We r rewarding the crazies people! We must revolt.

You type like a 12 year old girl :icon_neut

Weidman would be a good open weight fighter.

That Hendo knocking out Fedor gif is absolutely brutal, I feel bad for Fedor it is hard to watch.

Back