hw top 10 when Bones comes will look pretty good

I agree

I'm a massive silva fan, I find his title run as the most exciting and I'm a huge khabib fan and love his dominance

But when you break it all down, Jon is the GOAT and if he wins title at hw then there is no doubt

His resume is insane, surely the best in MMA. He started dominating at a pretty early age.

He is no longer the dominant force he was though. He no longer passes the eye test, looks slow and beatable and IMO he lost the Reyes fight clear as day, but he is still crafty af and very tough.

So I am curious to see how Jones does at HW. He could either get a new lease of life and outhustle most of the top 10, or get absolutely wrecked. I mean, he pretty clearly lost to someone who just got completely wrecked by Jan.

I am thrilled to see him go up, I just wish he did it sooner. His reach - which was his biggest advantage as he knew how to use it - will be largely gone. It is no secret he haas looked different after #PicoGate and he started passing his tests, could very arguably be 0-3. It is also no secret he has looked most vulnerable versus other big men. What happens when he sticks his arms out to gauge distance (more like eye poke) and a guy like Francis is on the other end and can reach Jones' chin from there, and has 10x the power of Reyes?

HW is no like LHW, and anyone can put him out.....a 3 fight win streak is impressive it is so dangerous us. Ngannou is like Jones' physicals but can hit like Prime Rumble x10. I just hope he takes on the Ngannou type fights and does not only cherry pick guys that he thinks he matches up well vs - originally he said he wanted to wait for 'the right match up', which as code for someone that was low risk high reward, like old man one dimensional Brock. To remove the stain of his multiple juicing busts, he needs to really step it up and deliver the matches we have always wanted that will test him in ways he has not been tested before.

His resume is insane, surely the best in MMA. He started dominating at a pretty early age.

He is no longer the dominant force he was though. He no longer passes the eye test, looks slow and beatable and IMO he lost the Reyes fight clear as day, but he is still crafty af and very tough.

So I am curious to see how Jones does at HW. He could either get a new lease of life and outhustle most of the top 10, or get absolutely wrecked. I mean, he pretty clearly lost to someone who just got completely wrecked by Jan.

As usual I agree with you

Maybe he needs that fear to give him a spark of life, or maybe he has lost a step?

I think Heavyweight will suit him as he slows a little

However, he will not enjoy the same height and length advantages he held in the majority of his lhw career

I doubt he will dominate Hw. He may win a title but I expect he will take a losses at the weight

If he does get the title, he should defend once and retire win or lose

Stipe
Ngannou
Lewis
Volkov
Rozenstruik
Blaydes
Gane
Abduarhkimov
Sakai
Reem

Its lacking star power for sure but there are some great fights for Bones. the top 5 or 6 guys are as good as any top 5 or 6 in recent times.

This isnt mid 00's Pride I know, but its not as bad as people claim. If anything there is some parady below the top 2 guys and it makes for exciting fights imo.
I blame Chael for the misuse of the word parity.

In what world does Blaydes beat Jon Jones? Seriously. Lmao.

lol I don't see why not. Jon is losing his biggest advantages in size/strength and he's been declining. He might have better striking overall, but it'd most definitely be a hard matchup. Jones doesn't have impressive knockout power either whereas Blaydes does. To say Blaydes has no shot is stupid.

Stipe
Ngannou
Lewis
Volkov
Rozenstruik
Blaydes
Gane
Abduarhkimov
Sakai
Reem

Its lacking star power for sure but there are some great fights for Bones. the top 5 or 6 guys are as good as any top 5 or 6 in recent times.

This isnt mid 00's Pride I know, but its not as bad as people claim. If anything there is some parady below the top 2 guys and it makes for exciting fights imo.
HW has some good talent right now and some young, promising looking prospects.

Hw and lhw are finally taking shape. Both need a big name though. Imo Jones struggles against Stipe, Gane, Francis for the first 2 rds and Volkov, who i think beats him clearly.
Lewis would get subbed, Overeem might catch him but father time finally caught him, so i think JJ UD for that fight. Rozen gets subbed. I see Jones having sucess in this current top 10, only a juicy, hgh super hw DC would dominate hw Jones imo

Back