HW to FLW using only common opponents

BrunswickMAF

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
This is going to be the six degrees of separation of MMA but going from the highest weight class to lowest using common opponents

DC fought Anderson Silva who fought Nick Diaz who fought BJ, who fought Edgar, who fought Sandhagen who fought Marlon Moraes, Who fought Cejudo

I realized after I got to Penn that I could have gone DC to jones to Machida to Penn. Can anyone go down the ladder quicker?

Randy (HW) fought Vitor (LHW), who fought Bisping (MW), who fought GSP (WW), who fought BJ (LW), who fought Frankie (FW), who fought Munhoz (BW), who fought Dodson (FLW)

Not the quickest. I know others can do better. Let's see..

Rampage to Machida to Penn to Pulver to Faber to Pickett?

Machida (220, 205, 185) to Penn (170, 155, 145) to Jens Pulver (155, 145, 135, 125)

Machida weighed 220 pounds (HW) in his fight vs BJ, and also fought at 205, and 185.

BJ fought at 170, 155, 145. Fought Pulver at 155.

Pulver fought at 145 in WEC, and at 135 and 125 in ONE FC.

Edit: Oh shit, I guess I misunderstood the thread.

Did I do it wrong?

Nope, I think you have the quickest route too

This is going to be the six degrees of separation of MMA but going from the highest weight class to lowest using common opponents

DC fought Anderson Silva who fought Nick Diaz who fought BJ, who fought Edgar, who fought Sandhagen who fought Marlon Moraes, Who fought Cejudo

I realized after I got to Penn that I could have gone DC to jones to Machida to Penn. Can anyone go down the ladder quicker?
Rumble (HW) fought Rich Clementi (WW) fought Gray Maynard (LW) fought Teruto Ishihara ( BW) fought Ulka Saski (FLW)

Clementi fought at LW but I couldn't find a path from there.

BJ fighting a one-off at HW ruins this thread

{<BJPeen}

All jokes aside, It really does, and Pulver's washed up broke bum ass doesn't help either, but the Truth hurts sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
BJ fighting a one-off at HW ruins this thread
Wasn't technically HW though was it? Openweight... Could You not by that same definition go
Royce Gracie>Hideo Tokoro.

But Machida weighed in at 220, Which is HW.
I suppose but the Class was not Heavyweight, which is what the TS asks for, not the weight alone.

If you go by your definition though, I wonder if this could be broken also by a LHW coming in overweight and counting as a HW then?

I suppose but the Class was not Heavyweight, which is what the TS asks for, not the weight alone.

If you go by your definition though, I wonder if this could be broken also by a LHW coming in overweight and counting as a HW then?
Shit, you got me, I'll delete my post.

Shit, you got me, I'll delete my post.
No need, it's a fair point which raises a different question :)

Made me think if you did do it just on weight alone(and not class), whether you could skip the HW division by picking a LHW who had fought overweight for less of a purse.

What about this?

Rumble (HW, LHW, MW, WW), Rich Clementi (LW), Crazy Horse (FW), Yoshiro Maeda (BW, FLW)

Back