HW Title

pimple

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok...i dont think Cain should have got another shot so fast but some say its because the division is so thin.
If so then Overeem gets next shot and then Werdum if they both win their upcoming bouts. By that time maybe another challenger will be close or JDS.
With this scenario JDS will probably fight 2-3 times between now and the time Overeem and Werdum get their shots. With that a lesser opponent would not be so bad for JDS's next bout.
Does this seem correct?? Ofcourse unless an upset or injury happens.

All top HW were booked or unavailable. Cain made the most sense at that time. Plans are always subject to change due to injuries ect......

Ya, I think you're right. If Overeem beats Bigfoot he'll fight Cain next, then Werdum will likely get the next shot if he beats Nogueira. By that time it'll be Jr's chance for another shot at the title (providing he wins all his fights). Trouble is, there are a whole lot of if's here, it'll be interesting to see what happens next. I think Barnett would be the perfect fight for Jr right now... great grappler (not on Cain's level, but still), good striker, also coming off a loss in a title fight.

i'm not exactly sure what you're asking.

Are you just asking is it going to go
1.overeem (if he beats bigfoot)
2.werdum (if he beats big nog)
3.meanwhile JDS fights lesser opponents

if that's what you're asking, yes

You're forgetting that Overeem was basically guaranteed the next title shot after beating Brock, but then got suspended. Cain beat Bigfoot and earned the rematch.

Outside of Cain, JDS, Reem, Cormier, Mir and Werdum, the HW class is full of guys who aren't close to a title shot.

You're forgetting that Overeem was basically guaranteed the next title shot after beating Brock, but then got suspended. Cain beat Bigfoot and earned the rematch.

Outside of Cain, JDS, Reem, Cormier, Mir and Werdum, the HW class is full of guys who aren't close to a title shot.

I think it's funny how Frank Mir is always in title contention.

Ok...i dont think Cain should have got another shot so fast but some say its because the division is so thin.
If so then Overeem gets next shot and then Werdum if they both win their upcoming bouts. By that time maybe another challenger will be close or JDS.
With this scenario JDS will probably fight 2-3 times between now and the time Overeem and Werdum get their shots. With that a lesser opponent would not be so bad for JDS's next bout.
Does this seem correct?? Ofcourse unless an upset or injury happens.

*sigh*

Who was a more viable option than Cain for JDS to defend against at UFC 155? Why do people continue to ignore this in favor of bitching that Cain didn't deserve it?

If Bigfoot pulls off the upset, I think we'll see the JDS trilogy with Cain next. Who else would there be?

If Bigfoot wins over Overeem, doesn't he get a title shot? And if not, Cormier maybe? Or will the latter first have to prove himself in the UFC before he gets a title shot? (Overeem got the get the title shot right away but chose himself to fight Brock first)

Isn't that fight in June or July? It would be september or Octover beforr that fight got made. Unless I'm mistaken.

If the winner of Bigfoot/Overeem gets to fight Cain first, it doesn't matter that there is a little delay before Werdum is ready.

If the winner of Bigfoot/Overeem gets to fight Cain first, it doesn't matter that there is a little delay before Werdum is ready.

But if Bigfoot wins, i doubt he fights Cain again. JDS would be the more marketable matchup at that point.

But if Bigfoot wins, i doubt he fights Cain again. JDS would be the more marketable matchup at that point.

Ah yeah, that's a good point. So if Bigfoot wins, we'll probably get to see the Cain/JDS rubber match, followed by the winner of them against Werdum (if he wins off course).

Back