HW division in 5 years...

I follow it and Makhov is/was the better wrestler. In fact I would make the case that Makhov is the best wrestler in the UFC ever. I'm sure they'll both do in good in MMA, Akbari also has some of the best wrestling credentials in the UFC if he makes it to the organisation.

But speaking of steroid use, I follow Makhov on instagram. I don't know how else to say it other than he looks extremely suspicious. Incredibly lean and has those spots that could be acne due to steroid use.

Thanks for the answer man, I appreciate it.

Cejudo is a pretty accomplished wrestler as well. Gold medalist if I remember right. But I don't know about the strenght of the different divisions really. Either way, safe to say that Makhov will be the best at HW at least. I hope he has the right mindset and a good chin as well. Lesnar was a great wrestler as well, and huge and athletic. But he responded poorly to getting hit.

Regarding the steroid point: A lot of top athletes is a lot of sports are very big and very lean. Even in the UFC. Make of that what you will. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if PED usage is fairly common in top sports. But as long as they test clean, it's hard to know for sure.

I made this thread a while back listing all the UFC HWs, on the UFC website roster, and listed their ages.

Determine for yourself who will be around in 5 years, but anyone who is 33 or older is almost guaranteed to be retired.

17 HW's will be 40+ with another 9 pushing 40. Over 25 HW's need to be replaced in 5 years ish, probably sooner unless these guys fight only 1-2x per year.

besides Anthony Johnson, I'm pretty sure he wipes out 205 in his return, but at HW I'd actually feel quite confident the HW would carry on exchange hands quickly as per usual...unless Cain is champ and gets injured again

Johnson said he wants to go up. With that KO power and perhaps a better gas tank than some HW's he could probably punch himself into the middle of the top 10 if he fought smart.

Jones annoys the hell out of me, his attitude, his eyepokes (inbeforeguseyepokes), his blatant disrespect of opponents and his knee kicks....but saying that, I'd absolutely love to see him join HW - I'd totally forgive his shittyness if he joined HW....maybe not the DUI nonsense obviously.

Do you really think he'll actually move up to HW?

I always wonder how much of a pussy someone is when they make a post crying about kicks to the knee.

if you dont like kicks to the knee you dont like mma. You might as well be outraged over punches to the head, as those are about 1000% worse forsomeones quality of life after fighting.

Just seems like a stupid reason a select few invented to hate Jones even more. You already have plenty, let it go.

17 HW's will be 40+ with another 9 pushing 40. Over 25 HW's need to be replaced in 5 years ish, probably sooner unless these guys fight only 1-2x per year.
25 out of 38 total HWs will be retired in 5 years.

Scary, right?

25 out of 38 total HWs will be retired in 5 years.

Scary, right?

Yep, and say what you want about Bellator but they have a competitive HW division at the lower end. Yes the UFC has the best guys but unless Bellator is viewed as a "farm team" then they may actually have a shot at Fedor.

I guess as the HW's fall / retire the UFC will go head hunting to replace them...

Where the fuck are all the super athletes Rogan was banging on about 2yrs ago? Participating in sports where the no.10 guy in the World doesnt put his health in danger to make 50k p/year I guess

37 year old Ovince....
Ovince-St.-Preux.jpg

I made this thread a while back listing all the UFC HWs, on the UFC website roster, and listed their ages.

Determine for yourself who will be around in 5 years, but anyone who is 33 or older is almost guaranteed to be retired.

dude you are extremely informative.. I wish you posted more.. 10k posts in less than 2 years is much less then we require.

edit. you are obviously more informed then me though.. no insult.. we joined a year before and have 1/8th the posts... So I must not care as much as I should.

The skill level is so low at hw any top 10 lhw could become top 5 hw, dare to say middleweights could compete at ufc hw also

You can't just look at the UFC roster today, they are signing names to sell tickets and PPVs this year. As those guys retire they will sign top talent from other orgs.

Many of the top up and coming HW's are in other orgs, here's a ranking showing ages (you can filter by age also):

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/heavyweight-265-lbs/

Lol, what HW division? Since dana is a moron and won't let anyone over 265 fight there is no division. You have had the same 3 fighters fighting for the title for what the last 6 years.

Who is the moron here?

The skill level is so low at hw any top 10 lhw could become top 5 hw, dare to say middleweights could compete at ufc hw also

This is nonsense, if it was true they would move up.

Before this happens others will step in. Because it will be "easy" to obtain glory. At some point it will be profitable for athletes to go for the title against dinosaurs (no disrespect).

you guys will all be buying the wolf tickets that shawn jordan rejuvenated his career

Before this happens others will step in. Because it will be "easy" to obtain glory. At some point it will be profitable for athletes to go for the title against dinosaurs (no disrespect).

Yeah, and Jon Jones could be that guy taking out another who's who of worn out heavyweights just as he did with the LHW div. If I was Rumble I'd go up now and earn some credibility of fighting these HW guys before they're all too old and slow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back