Hunting

Any of you guys catch this in the blogosphere? From AZ. My fucking God:

1186304_668446839845584_216778013_n.jpg

That is a huge elk. The angle makes it look larger than it ia, but that's a monster either way.

Yeah I'm calling bullshit on the elk. Looks way to big to be legit. Not just the rack, the entire body is out of proportion for a normal elk to human ratio unless that dude is the size of my 8 year old. Could just be the angle and he's sitting 6ft behind the animal, but it looks fishy.

Well it looked bigger 150 yards away...
hugedoe_zpsaf01a252.png

Nice looking dow see-o. I wish i could i could use rifles where i live.

south eastern ontario. Anything north of the one hwy you can rifle hunt. Unfortunately im pretty much right on the lake

Last edited:
we live got rifles legalized here in NY in the last 4-5 years. It was always Shotgun before that. Where do you live?

Dad just dropped a decent size buck with his .50 cal black powder. Pretty excited for some fresh venison.

One of my good friends is an avid hunter, and we cooked 6 goose breasts last weekend that he killed the Tuesday prior - delicious!

I'm thinking of getting into it, because I've gone shooting a few times with him and am a pretty decent shot and I love game meat. I need to get my gun license and buy a gun.

Not until November. I'm taking my 870 out with slugs to give that a go this year. I dialed it in last week. It is spot on at 40 yards. I will see how it goes at 50 yards. I was thinking of putting a 2.5x on it to see if I could go to 100 yards. I'm talking kill shot to the heart, not just hitting some big target.

This is where I adjusted the elevation until I got a kill shot at 40 yards. I don't even expect to have to shoot that far anyway but you never know.

My brother tried to dial in his Mossberg 835 but couldn't get a kill shot.

Beautiful weapon.

Thanks. Unfortunately I haven't seen a decent buck yet while hunting with it. Saw a couple of doe. I see more buck while driving my car through my neighborhood. :(

What kind of slugs are you shooting with that?

This coming weekend is the high alpine buck hunt. Keep your fingers crossed sherdog.

tumblr_lrdrnb5K0F1qahy9ro1_400.gif

^same here. Must fill freezer.

There is something far wrong with anyone who takes pleasure in killing other sentient beings who have as much right to life as we do. I put you down there with serial killers, rapists and child abusers.

huntersshootersanglerswankers.jpg

Back