Hunting in Red Dead Redemption 2 Is A Pain In The A**

in the western area of the map, past Strawberry, there's a legendary deer. Kill it and take the items it drops to the fence in Rhodes. He'll craft you an item which makes getting perfect pelts easier.
Nice. Thanks for the tip!

ah, yes. all that "gibberish."
FoolhardyAccomplishedBangeltiger-size_restricted.gif

If your trying to do it online yeah. They've been hunted to extinction

North West of Strawberry in Big Valley is the Legendary Buck - skin this and you can have a Fence craft you a Trinket that increases the quality of pelts. You need a few other items too which you can usually loot off of enemies or scavenge. Also using a Rifle with Express Ammo helps to get a clean kill. You can also add a Scope so you can stay a little further away and not spook the animal. Another good way is to lasso the animal from your horse, get off and use your knife - clean kill every time!

The controls are clunky for sure. Some buttons are an instant press, some are a long hold and you never know which it's gonna be.

Hold right click to arm bow, hold left click to draw arrow, use second middle finger to press mouse wheel.

I the hunting was THE best part of the game. Once i got all the legendaries, i was bummed.

The gear you create with all the shit is a bit disappointing. It takes a lot of time and work to do these, all for a cosmetic?

I absolutely fucking hate doing anything extra merely for a different skin/look.

Everything in that game was a pain in the ass for me.

I can see why people enjoy it though.

(The 'realistic' character movement is still BS though. What normal human has a turn radius?)

The controls are clunky for sure. Some buttons are an instant press, some are a long hold and you never know which it's gonna be.

Hold right click to arm bow, hold left click to draw arrow, use second middle finger to press mouse wheel.
I play with a controller. I assume with a mouse & keyboard it must suck.

I don't have any complaints about the gameplay tho. The only thing I would improve are minor things such as being able to run in your camp or in shops. Not being able to sprint in certain areas can be a little annoying.

And also, having to take part in the action during cinematics by pressing a button could be eliminated. It's mostly some details I would eliminate to improve the pace but none of these are a huge deal for me.

I the hunting was THE best part of the game. Once i got all the legendaries, i was bummed.

The gear you create with all the shit is a bit disappointing. It takes a lot of time and work to do these, all for a cosmetic?

I absolutely fucking hate doing anything extra merely for a different skin/look.
Yea, that kind of sucks. I only started hunting to get all the satchels so I could carry more stuff. I guess there's still some things you can craft after that but it's mostly about cosmetics which is pretty much useless.

Hunting is still more fun than I thought once you get the hang of it.
Everything in that game was a pain in the ass for me.

I can see why people enjoy it though.

(The 'realistic' character movement is still BS though. What normal human has a turn radius?)
Any specifics? I see people posting these types of comments but never elaborate on what exactly is a pain in the ass. If the game was such a pain in the ass it wouldn't be rated 9/10 or even a perfect 10/10 on different websites.

I play with a controller. I assume with a mouse & keyboard it must suck.

WAT

i figured you were using a keyboard and mouse. and i figured that's why you didn't understand...

with a controller, it's clunky as fuck. buttons have multiple functions and sometimes they're contradictory.

Any specifics? I see people posting these types of comments but never elaborate on what exactly is a pain in the ass. If the game was such a pain in the ass it wouldn't be rated 9/10 or even a perfect 10/10 on different websites.

just check the rdr2 threads on here (yeah, which you clearly still haven't). everyone loved it. at first. by the end... not so much.

just check the rdr2 threads on here (yeah, which you clearly still haven't). everyone loved it. at first. by the end... not so much.

Translation:

There were a few people who expressed some issues with the game, and some people who didn't love it, which means "everyone hated it and wish it never existed" to @rob mafia.

Since it's on PC now I hope we can get some sanctioned mods. The game would be fun with dirt bikes and zombies

Translation:

There were a few people who expressed some issues with the game, and some people who didn't love it, which means "everyone hated it and wish it never existed" to @rob mafia.

i said everyone loved it at first. i never implied that everyone hated it later, obviously. there's always you and hille.

i said everyone loved it at first. i never implied that everyone hated it later, obviously. there's always you and hille.

It's all good, Robbie. We can always get along in the War Room.

Everything in the game feels like work and the missions are heavily scripted shooting galleries. Take cover behind the wrong hay stack? Mission failed.

It's a Rockstar game, so critic scores don't mean much really.

I think in general the game feels clunky and awkward compared to the first one. I just couldn't get into it.

i need a "clean all guns" mod at the gun store.

Hunting was pretty fun. Only bad part is the horse can only hold one big pelt. My only difficulty was hunting real small animals that run. I never looked up what bullets are for what. Sometimes I don't get perfect belt if I use Varmint rifle for those.

Back