Hunters mistook people for deer, shoots people

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A man and his 9-year-old daughter were gunned down in South Carolina by a fellow hunter who mistook them for deer, authorities said Friday.

The victims, Kim Drawdy, 30, and Lauren Drawdy, 9, were in a hunting party of four as they were working to get their prey into firing range at about 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday. Suddenly, deadly gunfire rang out at the scene in Walterboro, about 50 miles west of Charleston, officials said.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...death-n1110071?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=

this was biggest concern when I went hunting in Colorado last october

How do you shoot something you can’t see? If you can’t confirm that it’s a deer you probably shouldn’t take the shot. Charge this idiot with double homicide.

Wear a orange vest. Hunt with partners. Don't get buck fever.
Happens every year. I'm sure one of these days they will ban hunting not because of the poor deer. But because people are fucking idiots with guns.

I was in the military and had to tell OTHER military people how to handle weapons constantly. Even seasoned officers. We have RSOs(Range Saftey Officers) in the infantry and other units who live fire strictly to watch other idiots with firearms. Not everyone's perfect but you gotta realize it's not a fucking toy and it's a deadly weapon. Keep your safety on, your trigger finger is not it. Keep it holstered, and for long guns keep it pointed at the ground unless you have a CONFIRMED target or are in the middle of something bigger like sweeps or combat ops

Situational Awareness fellas. They didn't even have it in the walking dead. How else does a zombie sneak up on you in dry foilage

horrible. just horrible.

a family is devestated and that moron will have to live the rest of his life knowing he took a life(s) and devastated a family with his sheer retardation

Wear a orange vest. Hunt with partners. Don't get buck fever.
Happens every year. I'm sure one of these days they will ban hunting not because of the poor deer. But because people are fucking idiots with guns.

I was in the military and had to tell OTHER military people how to handle weapons constantly. Even seasoned officers. We have RSOs(Range Saftey Officers) in the infantry and other units who live fire strictly to watch other idiots with firearms. Not everyone's perfect but you gotta realize it's not a fucking toy and it's a deadly weapon. Keep your safety on, your trigger finger is not it. Keep it holstered, and for long guns keep it pointed at the ground unless you have a CONFIRMED target or are in the middle of something bigger like sweeps or combat ops

Situational Awareness fellas. They didn't even have it in the walking dead. How else does a zombie sneak up on you in dry foilage

sometimes you have to slap a bitch to teach them how to hold a fucking rifle

I always wonder how Many people get away with cold blooded murder on hunting trips.

Should've never took the shot if you don't have a clear view of your target and should keep glassing to scan your surrounding when you think you found a spot. Some hunters act like hot shit refusing to use hounds like they're some spec ops trackers.

Ridiculous, absolutely no excuse to pull the trigger when you don't even know what you're shooting at.

Throw the book at this goof.

The victims
200103-kim-lauren-drawdy-inline-1204p_0748c74a3d70b9698399922754ea2209.fit-360w.jpg

Stupid fuck shot blindly into some brush is what most likely happened.

Smh.

How do you mistake a human for a deer..?

Need to get out of the city more..

Back