Hunter army airfield, GA jiu jitsu areas

Tru2DaGameJ21

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I'll be moving to hunter army airfield, GA and wanted some recommendations to jiu jitsu gyms in the area(savannah)I'm a blue belt and compete often. Thanks!

Last edited:
Check out Coastal Combatives (www.coastalcombatives.com)...I just stumbled upon this page the other day. I first started training BJJ under some of Professor Spendiff's Blue belts in college (these guys started a BJJ/submission fighting club team at Georgia Southern University which is about 1 hr from Savannah). I only trained directly with him once or twice during clinics but he was awesome.

I assume you should also have plenty of folks to train with around the Ft Stewart area too.

Check out Coastal Combatives (www.coastalcombatives.com)...I just stumbled upon this page the other day. I first started training BJJ under some of Professor Spendiff's Blue belts in college (these guys started a BJJ/submission fighting club team at Georgia Southern University which is about 1 hr from Savannah). I only trained directly with him once or twice during clinics but he was awesome.

I assume you should also have plenty of folks to train with around the Ft Stewart area too.

Garth is an absolute monster on the mat and extremely qualified. He is under Scott Devine (as are we) and recently received, IIRC, a 4th stripe on his black belt. Anyone under Devine is a fantastic opportunity, especially if you can make it out to Brunswick, GA where his HQ is.

Ya alot of schools I heard about at Stewart. But not looking to make the hr drive everyday. Looking for schools in savanah area

Anything more in the middle of savannah. Mostly looking for only bjj 4-5x a week

Go train with me at Devine Jiujitsu in Brunswick (about 80 miles south of Hunter army airfield). Head instructor is Scott Devine who's a 3rd degree blackbelt under Relson Gracie.
Monday and Wednesday: 7pm-9pm
Saturday: 11am-1pm open mat

I'm on TDY here in GA until August. :icon_chee

Go train with me at Devine Jiujitsu in Brunswick (about 80 miles south of Hunter army airfield). Head instructor is Scott Devine who's a 3rd degree blackbelt under Relson Gracie.
Monday and Wednesday: 7pm-9pm
Saturday: 11am-1pm open mat

I'm on TDY here in GA until August. :icon_chee

That's a crazy trip. I got a family can't be getting back home 11 pm lol. I can only do locally

I'm also looking for a good gym in savannha. I'll be spending a week there shortly and staying near hunter airfield. I haven't really found much in that area

Back