Hunt: UFC rankings are 'fabricated like everything else'

He can call Lesnar a cheat. It's his saying the UFC and USADA colluded to keep the fight on and all his other crap that is nonsense that makes him sound a fool.

I think it's his saying before the fight he knows Lesnar will be on steroids and doesn't care, and then after he loses he goes nuts acting surprised about what he said he already knew.

Yeah, the second paragraph is a valid point. When Hunt made the first comment that Lesnar was juiced - I felt he was being serious in what he said, but he couldn't be 100% sure if that was the case. Now that something fishy has happened with regards to Lesnar's test results, that probably reaffirms his suspicions. And not only his, but a lot of peoples.

I would think that Hunt believed he was on something or coming off something, but regardless, he probably thought he would have clipped Lesnar and that would be that. But by the same token, he could have said 'fuck this, I'm not fighting someone I suspect of being a cheat' and walked away from probably making a good chunk of change.

I can see the contradictions in what Hunt says, but for me, I'm fine with it. I absolutely agree that fighters caught cheating should get longer bans and stripped of their money. In that sense I would fully be all for that if anyone is caught cheating and proven to have taken what they were flagged for.

I think the punishments should be a lot stricter and for someone like Lesnar who made a ton of money in that fight, if he gets banned, he gets fined but he still walks away with the majority of his money.

Nothing is worse to watch than a man letting his bitterness consume him.

You weren't as good as Brock and you lost...get over it.

Brock made more money than you because he deserved it.....get over it.

That was probably your last big money fight....get over it.

You took ped's in the past, and so has every single opponent you ever fought...quit being a hypocrite and get over it!

Nothing is worse than a grown man (maybe you're still 14) that has a heart for fake fighting and sports an AV with cm punk.

Brock was juiced and was caught which proves it--get over it.

Brock made more money not because he deserved it as a fighter, but cause of the children and man boys and people who know nothing about mma he attracts to the to the tv screen, like you--get over it.

Yeah that's probably his last big money fight. But he'll keep fighting and who knows what Brock will do. Will he have another money fight?

And how the fuck do you know hunt has taken peds? What matters is his opponent for this fight--was caught--a verified cheater. Get over it fuck face. And get back to your school work. Classes are back.

WAR HUNTO!!!

Same with Nate.

Dude was on a 2-3 skid going into the Conor fight and yet they contrived to slide him up the rankings to #5.
Nate beat the fuck out of Michael Johnson before the Conor fight, dude.

lol at anybody who has ever put any stalk in the UFC rankings.

Ufc rankings mean nothing

Nothing new here

I can see the contradictions in what Hunt says, but for me, I'm fine with it. I absolutely agree that fighters caught cheating should get longer bans and stripped of their money. In that sense I would fully be all for that if anyone is caught cheating and proven to have taken what they were flagged for.
I want stricter punishments as well and would be fine if the rule is changed to that. Hunt is demanding it happen special for him when it's not the rule. Had Hunt campaigned to get the rule changed I would love it. Instead he is not, and is only trying to benefit himself, and along with the contradictions, it's sour grapes.

This is common knowledge. They upgrade fighters 2 or 3 positions before big fights. The most blatant was maybe Dennis Siver before the Conor fight.
Wilson Reis went from #13 to #8 when his fight with Mini Mouse was announced.

Mark Hunt hasn’t been much of a fan of all things mixed martial arts (MMA) as of late. After going nuts on United States Anti Doping Agency (USADA), his employers over at Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and Brock Lesnar for the handling of "Beast Incarnate’s" failed drug tests after UFC 200, "Super Samoan" is now bashing the rankings system.

After a fan pointed out to Hunt that Lesnar -- as well as Jon Jones — was removed from the official UFC rankings list following his recent transgression, the fearsome striker wasn’t impressed.

@NAUTaudio @Ryan4786 the rankings are fabricated like everything else

— mark richard hunt (@markhunt1974)
While it is from Mark Hunt, I don't know why anyone should be surprised.

There are plenty examples.

Siver rankings before Fight with Conor was announced: #15
Siver rankings as soon as his fight against Conor was announced: #10

Same with a lot of other fighters, pre and post some fight was announced.

They move it to help hype guys.
They use it as a tool.

Only fools would believe in it.

The UFC signed Hunt when he was on a 5 fight losing streak. He should be grateful to The UFC.
No, they didn't. They absorbed his contract when they purchased Pride. They wanted to buy out his deal but Hunt wanted to fight for his money. This is common knowledge and has been discussed ad nauseam.

I want stricter punishments as well and would be fine if the rule is changed to that. Hunt is demanding it happen special for him when it's not the rule. Had Hunt campaigned to get the rule changed I would love it. Instead he is not, and is only trying to benefit himself, and along with the contradictions, it's sour grapes.

What do you mean by benefiting himself - when he said he should get Lesnar's money?

I think him being the spear head or calling for a union for fighters is still too early. I get the impression that the fighters on low pay, if they support a union and it goes tits up, it's back to looking for a normal job in most of their cases, so they'll likely be non committal. The fighters on good money aren't going to be bothered in joining one, imo.

But I do hope he keeps speaking out about stricter penalty's for cheats.

What do you mean by benefiting himself - when he said he should get Lesnar's money?
Yep. Who else that fought someone on steroids has he demanded get their opponents money? Has he demanded that become the new rule?

Hunto already smashed Rothwell.

Browne fight would be fun.
I don't even remember the Hunt/Rothwell fight, had to look it up. A decision win 5 years ago, they could still fight now. Rothwell is ranked higher at this point.

Yep. Who else that fought someone on steroids has he demanded get their opponents money? Has he demanded that become the new rule?

Well, it's a lot of money. He isn't going to get it, but at the time I think he was probably seeing red, not thinking straight and probably said a few things that people could point out like that.

He wasn't demanding a part of Mir's purse or Silva's. Regardless, I do hope that does become a rule as a deterrent to full time fighters who rely on winning their fights and win money.

Not a part timer like Lesnar who can walk in, possibly do some shady going ons before the fight and if he gets caught, gets a slap on the wrist and suspended from doing something he may or may not be too bothered about.

One thing Hunt said before the fight - and a lot of fighters say it - is they couldn't care about the money. Seriously.

if the UFC rankings are fabricated thats because a 12-11 fighter is ranked in top 10.. yourself Hunt!

you making stupid comments on sentences taking out of contexts...
does that make ur comment legit ?

I really hope English isn't your first language, because that made absolutely no sense.

I agree Hunt should stop worrying about the roid thing.

But he's 100% correct about rankings being fixed. Guys magically climb up before important fights. And there's BS like Yoel Romero being ranked below Hendo after a weird suspension.

I doubt they would have de-ranked a star PPV draw fighter so bad in that same situation.

Yeah but who cares? The sport should be about making the most exciting fights possible, with the best possible storylines.

He is a hypocrite because nobody with a 12-11 record should be in the ufc, and yet Hunto was there, fighting a former champ on the biggest show of the year.

It's all about entertainment. Mark Hunt more or less sucks as a fighter, but he is exciting and so that's why he even has a job in the ufc. He is more or less the modern day Tank Abbott.

People complaining about rankings, and how they should be followed at all times clearly don't understand business. If the #1 contender is boring, then I don't want to see that person fight the champ. People like Dana White are smarter than all of you and they realize this. That's why he makes fights that people actually want to see.

I'll take the ufc business model over any other combat sports league. Easily.

Kinda like how Siver jumped from 14 to 9 in just the matter of an hour??

If Hunt just came with a little more tact and better grammar I would be a fan of his movement.

Wont happen tho

Back