Hunt pledges allegiance to Australia

War Mark 'Aussie' Hunt

13yi.jpg

Lol, dunno why, but this cracked me up hard.

Probably one of those "so stupid it's hilarious" things.

Moriori were Chatham Island Maori. They were also massive pacifists. After trading for weapons with the Europeans some Maori went to the Chatham islands and enslaved them and killed them off. It's easy to find on Wikipedia. The ministry of education issued an apology for incorrectly teaching that the Moriori were the original inhabitants of New Zealand that were killed off by the Maori.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moriori_people

Boom. There you go.

Yeah, I can't imagine being a pacifist culture coming up against a Maori tribe... You'd be fucked.

Didn't James Cook get devoured by Samoans or some shit? Polynesians are mean.

LOL typical kiwi response... hey we beat you at our national sport, even though just about no-one under 60 years old gives a crap about rugby in Australia. Its a minor sport in this country and far more kiwis play the game then Aussies, get over it cause noone cares.

it's not a minor sport by any means..but we are totally shit atm... Im a rugby fan but yeah, the wallabies are pathetic..

Australia has lost it's mystique as the punching above it's weight sports nation. The soccer team is getting pumped. The cricketers are getting pumped. NZ are the rugby world champs in both codes.

I'm 32, Australian and I care about rugby union.

The all blacks are close to perfection and I can appreciate watching mastery without letting nationalism get in the way of my enjoyment of the sport.

The kiwis I've been friends with have been great guys, I've spent a little time over there are fucking love it and am really looking forward to spending part of my retirement there.

traitor... lol

anyway I can't respect the all blacks when they have that cheat mcCaw as their captain.. it's sickening the love that guy gets in NZ.. the whole country is hanging from his nuts.

I'm 32, Australian and I care about rugby union.

The all blacks are close to perfection and I can appreciate watching mastery without letting nationalism get in the way of my enjoyment of the sport.

The kiwis I've been friends with have been great guys, I've spent a little time over there are fucking love it and am really looking forward to spending part of my retirement there.

Ah yes come over. How many virgins did you want sir?:wink:

LOL we already claimed Hunt back in PRIDE.

He's aussie to us.

wow... never thought I would actually meet one of the eight fans who still follow rugby union in Australia in person... well on a forum at least.

You went to a private school I assume?

Haha ok, maybe not your typical aussie - my dads Scottish, rugby mad and got me playing really young.

I also spent 8 years growing up in hong kong, going to the sevens every year and represented hk one year in a kids division. Came back to oz, got 2 knee injuries and now just love to watch it.

and yep, went to private school when I got back to oz, but in sa where nobody watches rugby.

I totally get it's losing a lot of popularity to soccer and afl, but mma isn't that popular here and have no problems supporting that either.

Yeah, they used to be part of New South Wales which is one of our states... I think we decided we didnt want them anymore so they made their own country.

You thought wrong

Back