Hunt pledges allegiance to Australia

How is Australia stealing Hunt if he's claiming them?

sorry, i meant that it's a running tongue in cheek joke that Aussies steal Kiwi talent and say they are aussies. In this case, Hunt is claiming Australia as his "home" - there is some synergy there - if you get me..

New Zealand feels so much like Australia to me in terms of the way the people are. It feels like I have just moved to a different state for a holiday not a country. People should not make a big deal out of this.

No fucks given about that bullshit any way. I will cheer for mark hunt even if he decides he is Jamaican.

Mark makes valid points though. The New Zealand media have pretty much shunned MMA. Is it even legal over there?

Don't most people in NZ look down on MMA? I have heard from many fighters that it is very rough to be an MMA fighter there.

Can't blame him for embracing Australia, has some of the best fans in MMA imo.

I have a buddy who was born and raised in NZ but now lives in Australia, and now says he's Australian when people ask where he's from. I asked him why, and he said he likes living there, and he'll probably be staying there a while, and that the two countries were pretty easy to go-between, no passport/border check/immigration type stuff really, and that it was basically like the same country in a lot of ways. He said what switching is pretty common and it wasn't a big deal for him to call himself Australian. I still find it a bit weird, but I'm from the U.S. and we don't have an analog-country quite like that.

This is what he has to say:

hunt2.JPG

and

hunt1.JPG

I have a buddy who was born and raised in NZ but now lives in Australia, and now says he's Australian when people ask where he's from. I asked him why, and he said he likes living there, and he'll probably be staying there a while, and that the two countries were pretty easy to go-between, no passport/border check/immigration type stuff really, and that it was basically like the same country in a lot of ways. He said what switching is pretty common and it wasn't a big deal for him to call himself Australian. I still find it a bit weird, but I'm from the U.S. and we don't have an analog-country quite like that.

I dunno, if you put a Canadian and an American from above the Mason-Dixon line in a room together, most people would have a tough time telling them apart until the Canadian said the word "about."

Whatever man, nationalism is overrated

I dunno, if you put a Canadian and an American from above the Mason-Dixon line in a room together, most people would have a tough time telling them apart until the Canadian said the word "about."

We're still totally separate countries. I get the feeling the line between NZ and Aus doesn't have the same "OK, you're in a totally different country now" vibe that the US/Canada border has. It goes the other way too; the U.S. Mexico border, where I live, has this feel even more than the U.S./Canada border does.

I think Canadians dislike us far more than Kiwis dislike Aussies. At least if Sherdog posts are anything to go by, which they are, since I've used them for sociological studies in the past.

or sooaarry.

lol only if he was a newfie

aussies like kiwis, most kiwis like aussies but some kiwis generally hate us. they take a lot of things to heart!
in b4 karate kid

Back