Hundreds of former prosecutors say that Trump would have been charged...

Maybe he shouldn't have - I was under the impression that the investigation has produced some legitimate convictions - so that alone seems like it was warranted.

Regardless, how does any of that change the fact that he's not even being charged with committing several felonies? If it were you or I, would we get the same pass?

Based on what I've seen, Trump isn't guilty anything. Does that mean prosecutors couldn't charge him? No. Prosecutors charge innocent people all the time, but that's another problem in itself. We can start addressing that problem by making examples of the corrupt prosecutors/agents in this case.

Based on what I've seen, Trump isn't guilty anything. Does that mean prosecutors couldn't charge him? No. Prosecutors charge innocent people all the time, but that's another problem in itself. We can start addressing that problem by making examples of the corrupt prosecutors/agents in this case.

So based on the report, you are saying that there was no obstruction because "they didn't go through with it"? Does that kind of reasoning only work for obstruction cases, or is this just a general guideline to following the law?

If an attempt is made, it's not illegal if you weren't successful? Somehow that seems a little ridiculous, but you know the law better than I.

And the
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Echoes throughout the hillsides yet again.
In a Canada our anthem singers often go back between English and French.

The American anthem should now include segues to REEEEEEE for the Libs.

You're trying to defend the indefensible with inappropriate bothsidesism.

Trump's presidency is a parade of blunders, conduct unbecoming a president, and brushed over illegality on behalf of a man who I wouldn't trust to watch my cat for a weekend. I do not appreciate you importing a defense of Trump into a post that does nothing of the sort.

Because it was a nothing burger all along.

So the Mueller report/investigation was all made up? The obstruction he outlines is pure fabrication?

Seriously, I'm trying to understand what the rationale is here.

So the Mueller report/investigation was all made up? The obstruction he outlines is pure fabrication?

Seriously, I'm trying to understand what the rationale is here.
The Mueller report exonerated him.

So based on the report, you are saying that there was no obstruction because "they didn't go through with it"? Does that kind of reasoning only work for obstruction cases, or is this just a general guideline to following the law?

If an attempt is made, it's not illegal if you weren't successful? Somehow that seems a little ridiculous, but you know the law better than I.

My concept of "obstruction" is a lot more unambiguous that what most people on the Left are embracing. It doesn't include Constitutionally protected speech / conduct. It doesn't include privileged speech / conduct. For example, protesting your innocence and refusing to assist a prosecution categorically cannot constitute obstruction, regardless of intent. Similarly, firing a subordinate employee who you are always entitled to fire cannot constitute obstruction, regardless of intent. If you are objectively entitled to act in a particular way, it cannot constitute obstruction. If it turns out that an investigation is not validly predicated or is otherwise without merit, it's really hard to distinguish any allegedly "obstructive" behavior as protesting one's innocence.

What would obstruction look like? Well, it could involve intentionally concealing or destroying material evidence after a validly predicated investigation is opened, in order to hinder that investigation.

My concept of "obstruction" is a lot more unambiguous that what most people on the Left are embracing. It doesn't include Constitutionally protected speech / conduct. It doesn't include privileged speech / conduct. For example, protesting your innocence and refusing to assist a prosecution categorically cannot constitute obstruction, regardless of intent. Similarly, firing a subordinate employee who you are always entitled to fire cannot constitute obstruction, regardless of intent. If you are objectively entitled to act in a particular way, it cannot constitute obstruction. If it turns out that an investigation is not validly predicated or is otherwise without merit, it's really hard to distinguish any allegedly "obstructive" behavior as protesting one's innocence.

What would obstruction look like? Well, it could involve intentionally concealing or destroying material evidence after a validly predicated investigation is opened, in order to hinder that investigation.
Was Trump allowed to fire Mueller? Cause I'm sure one of the links you posted earlier said only the AG could do that.

Trump's presidency is a parade of blunders, conduct unbecoming a president, and brushed over illegality on behalf of a man who I wouldn't trust to watch my cat for a weekend. I do not appreciate you importing a defense of Trump into a post that does nothing of the sort.

Regardless of your intention, the effect of falsely claiming that the hypocrisy of Trump defenders and the actions of Trump are normal is to lessen the criticism that they'd receive if they were put in proper context.

A crooked politician? Its funny, because he will still have his voters. Too bad he loses the next election.

i don't really understand what liberals are upset over. they burned down the 2016 election with this bernie bullshit, then shit kickers in the union states were too sexist and idiotic to vote for a woman, so this is what you get. you let a mad man into the oval office and you don't even know how fucking powerful of a job it is?

why am i the only person not at all surprised by all the shit we've been going through the last couple of years? why do i have to keep reading these fucking threads about how "shocking" it is he is getting away with all this shit?

i mean, it was a no fucking duh to me. and it's only going to get worse. like, a lot fucking worse. when he starts canceling / voiding elections, overriding judicial and congressional oversights, and assuming real fucking power like dictators all through history have done, people are going to look back and probably ask the moronic fucking question "how did this all happen?" and it's just a really easy fucking answer to anyone that pays attention to shit.

Do you not reads good?

That wasn't what I asked.
I answered why he wasn't charged. My personal feelings really don't matter.
Are you not able to follow when someone cuts to the chase faster than your silly line of questioning would allow?

He wasn't charged because he DIDN'T DO IT. Get it through your fucking head already.
See, Animal gets it.

We are a nation of laws. Nobody is above the law. Except Trump, because people are just picking on him.

30jh11g.gif

I answered why he wasn't charged. My personal feelings really don't matter.
Are you not able to follow when someone cuts to the chase faster than your silly line of questioning would allow?

See, Animal gets it.
Shocking that a liar would defend liars. Liar.

I suppose you might really not understand what Mueller cleared laid out regarding DOJ policy on indictment of presidents...?

Nah, you just have no integrity.

Back