Humpbacks be telling dem orcas "dis ma houss" straight up

Just more evidence that humans aren't as special as we think we are.

Sounded epic, but sad ending.

Didn't expect the orcas to straight up give no fucks.

this thread title needs acknowledgement. it is in a level of its own.

Sounded epic, but sad ending.

Didn't expect the orcas to straight up give no fucks.

Did you expect humpbacks to be able to handle an orca pod? They are top of the food chain predators after all.

Killer Whales Kick Ass

orca-throws-seal-80-feet-into-the-air.gif

Cetaceans have an incredible ability for empathy. I think some people underestimate how much emotional capacity some animals have.

Orcas are cruel sadistic creatures that play with their food before eating. That is like humans. But I guess that also means there should be legal hunts for Orcas. They dont have another predator, so something has to keep it in check.

I work in SE AK so I see whales everyday. Humpbacks are just the right mix of speed and strength, where nothing really can mess with them. They can also be very social playful, and often will come right up to our boats and even sky hop and look you in the eye. Humpback are fast enough to outrun orcas if need be, but will fight as well. Gray whales are much slower, and will often try to escape to shallow water. Orca will usually only go after whales if they have a young calf. If its much older than a year, its just to hard for them to drown the bigger ones. I did see an Orca pod terrorizing a group of Sea Otters. They had one they kept flinging in the air and tossing it. They would toss it, and let they young whales retrieve it.

Heres a pic we got today that is actually pretty rare(kinda gross if you are squeamish). We found a large adult male Humpback whale, that was dead in the ocean. No visible signs of trauma, but it was also starting to bloat. Probably killed by natural causes or a ship strike.

13882587_10209686852959147_2319138175516514100_n.jpg

Here's a pic for size comparison, that is a 26' fishing boat next to it for perspective.

13906614_1228051853874343_1583464204124123363_n.jpg

Thats mainly his throat and belly, that is very expandable, and filling with gas. It also inflating his junk lol. RIP big fella....

Orcas are fucking horrible, aren't they? They seem to get a pass coz they're intelligent and look so cool, plus the whole SeaWorld/Free Willy/Blackfish thing (which is spot on, they shouldn't be captive). But they are horrible pricks really.

Saw this article the other day and thought it was really damn cool. Humpbacks are very impressive animals and found it really amazing how they go directly at killer whales. I've seen a bunch of humpbacks on whale watches and never fail to impress.

GTFO with your hippie bullshit humpbacks.

Let those orcas bang.

Orcas are fucking horrible, aren't they? They seem to get a pass coz they're intelligent and look so cool, plus the whole SeaWorld/Free Willy/Blackfish thing (which is spot on, they shouldn't be captive). But they are horrible pricks really.

Run back to your safe place...

This is the real world

And seals aren't the cute, playful creatures you see at the zoo...

WZcpTdR.gif

Orcas are just exacting revenge for these atrocities

Leave those Penguins Alone!!
Killer%252520Whale%252520Surprise%252520Beach%252520Attack%252520%252528Warning-%252520Graphic%252520Violence%252529.gif

Haters

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back