Humans do not have free will

It is a huge wtf. But its even further than that. It is just that its "mostly immaterial". Its all immaterial. In QFT, particle are just illusions caused by fluctuations in fields. There are no electrons, there is only an electron field, and certain excitations of the field give rise to something that we have always misinterpreted as a particle.

Another one that kills me for similar reasons is the holographic universe theory. That feels just a c-hair away from finding out the universe is an elaborate game of The Sims. It's so absract I just try not to think about it.

https://phys.org/news/2018-03-universe-hologram-mind-blowing-theories-theoretical.html
https://www.southampton.ac.uk/news/2017/01/holographic-universe.page

Another one that kills me for similar reasons is the holographic universe theory. That feels just a c-hair away from finding out the universe is an elaborate game of The Sims. It's so absract I just try not to think about it.

https://phys.org/news/2018-03-universe-hologram-mind-blowing-theories-theoretical.html
https://www.southampton.ac.uk/news/2017/01/holographic-universe.page

Definitely. The Holographic principle is extremely eye-opening the first time you learn it. Physics is full of such things that really make you expand your mind as to what is possible and what is real.

Good post. I’ll check these out at a later that.

The world is not just mechanical Newtonian physics. There is so much phenomena out there that we can’t explain with science. Human consciousness is certainly one of them.

One quick point made in the video / links is that if what you thought or did was all electrical impulses in your brain or whatever, that we would have found a place to stimulate to change your mind on an issue. Like say going from say loving someone to hating someone... if you had no choice on that we would know where in the brain to shock that or whatever to force that decision like the things we don't do automatically...and they haven't. It is something like that but I am not saying it worth a shit. But the video does a good job of supporting their position with sources from studies and books.

You are a collection of atoms evolving through time according to the wave equation. "You" do not exist, your ego and "consciousness" is an illusion, you are a Turing machine that evolves through time completely determined by the physics of the particles that make up your body.

Everything in this material universe that we are trapped in is just particles bouncing around against each other. The very thoughts in your head are just electrons bouncing around according to the Schrodinger equation. The thought that you're going to think 5 years from now is exactly defined by the evolution of the wave equation of your body and the world. "You" don't control the thoughts in your head, they are just electrons evolving through time. You do NOT "choose" to think thoughts, the thoughts just happen. "you" dont even exist to control the thoughts in the first place. You do not have free will and no coping will change this. You do not control your life and you do not "choose" anything that has ever happened in your life. Your just a system of atoms, evolving through time.

You, ultimately, will be shredded apart by super computers so that your atoms can be reorganized into computronium that feel the maximum pleasure for the maximum time. This IS the ultimate goal. This is what those who research artificial intelligence and quantum information theory are working towards.

Any political philosophy that isn't this, is low IQ cope.

Then why the fuck did i get carded last month?

What supernatural component is there to human consciousness?

We don't understand human consciousness at all. We've been trying to understand it from the beginning of human history. There's something about our consciousness that we can't get a handle on from a materialistic/objective analysis.

Criminals were predestined to commit their crimes, and society was predestined to lock them in cages for the rest of their lives.

edit: This post really demonstrates what you're attempting to do. If every abused child decided to abuse their children as they were abused the world would be in hell in a few generations. Its people who make the choice to not justify shitty behaviors by the cruelty they experienced, and instead use that as the source to understand other's pain that we still have a stable world. Criminals who suffer from massive inequality within their social surroundings are the ones that tend to turn to crime. But many don't make that choice, and instead, take accountability for their life despite the easy way out to be a bitter bitch that makes everything worse. These are the people that we look up to and be inspired by. You're attempting to use some juvenile science that you barely understand to abolish yourself of any accountability to live the right way.

Last edited:
There's something there just not what most people think is. Most the time people want a permanent thing to attach to like a soul etc.

that’s cause ppl are not comfortable with not knowing the truth. They fear what they don’t understand.

that’s cause ppl are not comfortable with not knowing the truth. They fear what they don’t understand.
Yes, they fear the idea of no longer existing upon death so they cling to the ego and the idea of a permanent unchanging soul.

Back