Human Resources - Anybody work in it?

Bump.

How true is it that Human Resources don't really read an applicant's resume?

I have many experiences where I was scheduled for an interview and turned out that I wasn't qualified for the position. It would have been pretty obvious to the HR person that I was wrong for the role if only s/he skimmed through my resume even for 10 seconds. The thing is a lot of job ads are vague enough for an applicant to think that s/he IS qualified for that position.

A bunch of times, the person interviewing me just goes through the motions (must be pooling CV's). And I hate it when they make you wait for an hour to grant you a 10 minute interview, and make some bullshit excuse why you had to wait for so long.

They also never tell you flat out if you got the job or not. At least if they tell you right away, you would have closure and get to work on another application. I find it very inconsiderate.

edit- There is a job I applied to this past January and having made it through three different interviews, and recently asking about my status, I still do not know if I have been rejected or not. Sheesh.

Last edited:
Back